Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some factory equiped HID headlights off the supra and i have a chance to grab some supra ones up from japan from a source out there i just need to know if they ever came with HID and what other differences there was.

thanks

-josh

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
i dont think any mkiv lights have hid's. and they should be the same as us spec ones. I think euro spec lights are a little diff?? not sure though.

Alex

·
Registered
907 Posts
i dont know about the hid's but i believe the jap ones automatically adjusted every time you turned them on

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
The Euro Spec head lights have an adjuster switch to where you can move them up and down. And I believe the last years of the Supras had HIDs but not as bright as we want.

·
Registered
417 Posts
i don't believe that the JDM supras from 1997-2002 ever came standard with HIDs.
i'm an owner of a '97 JDM supra and my headights came with normal halogen bulbs and the design is exactly the same as the US 1998 model headlights.
a fellow forum member on supraforums.com.au has a '99 model supra and his supra has the exact same headlights as mine.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
I don't think any Supras came with stock HIDs, maybe like 00-02 in Japan, but it would be chaper to just buy an HID kit here than pay shipping on headlights from Japan.

They will be much better quality if you just buy a kit here, too. Good luck :bigok:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts