Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on MVPMotorsports website its Specifies 6-speed in the header for the Fluidyne radiator, but doesnt say any specifics in the description... I alson just checked Fluidyne.com and they have it listed as 1993-98 Supra TT... no transmission specification... I wouldnt THINK there would be any kind of reason it wouldnt work, but I better double check before I look into getting one!

Thanks...

I also have a little concern about my stock radiator, please read
well... that plastic fan shroud (round black bubble under the hood) is bolted INTO my radiator, my friend and I never really thought that seemed right... since if you take the fan shroud off, there is a HOLE in the radiator, and fluid can even spill out of it... when I took the bolt off the bolt was wet with coolant because the bolt was actually tapped into the radiator... Is this normal? If its not that is one reason I want to go with the Fluidyne... seems odd to me though.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone do as much as tell me if their Supras stock radiator has the bolt hole tapped into it like mine does?... thats part of the reason I am thinking of getting a new one.. I have found a lot of 'odd' things on my car that dont seem normal... thanks :)

B

·
0 Posts
In lots of auto cars the tranny cooler is inside the radiator. Since the tranny's fluid is so hot, running it through even the hot coolant cools it off alot. I'm not sure if auto Supras have this or not but its a thought. Call Lar and ask him, he's big into those damn automatics:)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info... Yea I will just ask someone if no one replies today... But Im thinking I could just buy a Tranny cooler at the same time... problem solved? I hope so.. now I just need to know if my stock radiator is normal...

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
I'm running a Fluidyne radiator on my T76/auto supra...and love it...keeps everything in check...looks good too! I haven't had any issues with the Fluidyne at all.

While you're at it....and the radiator pulled....yes, that would be a good time to upgrade the tranny cooler as well. You can then route it directly thru the tranny cooler - not touching the radiator at all.

Jay

·
Registered
82 Posts
The cooler for the auto transmission should be in the bottom of your stock radiator. If you get the fluidine you will need to by a separate trans cooler and install it in the fender or some other area that gets good air flow. MVP probably states 6spd so that some customer doesn't get pissed off after they buy a radiator for their automatic.

It sounds like your car may have been damaged and repaired by a poor mechanic.

The stock radiator should have "top hat" shaped extrusions for mounting the fan shroud so that when you screw into the extrusion you still do not touch the radiator core. Your radiator is probably not a toyota radiator already. My stock radiator has "Toyota" printed on the top of the radiator at the drivers side corner. Maybe others could check and see if their car has the "Toyota" on their radiator too.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would make perfect sense... because I think the car was in a mild front end collision before I owned it, but just a quarter panel deal... nothing major, there are zero accidents on it when I ran a vin check too, so it must have been something very minor... Thats the only odd thing about the car really... Ill just go fluidyne eventually and get a tranny cooler... I need one anyway since I have an auto and I want more power, the tranny will start getting weak if I dont cool that sum'bitch :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Damn Carfax

Man I am in the same boat as you. My 94 TT came out clean when I ran carfax, carfax is only good if the owner reports it to the insurance, it came out CLEAN!!! But I know the car has been worked on. I guess the good news is that all of the body parts still have the OEM VIN # sticker on it.

I'll check out the radiator/fan thingy for you since I do have an auto too.

Peace.

Sam
Orlando FL

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Re: Damn Carfax

Sam95RT/TT said:
Man I am in the same boat as you. My 94 TT came out clean when I ran carfax, carfax is only good if the owner reports it to the insurance, it came out CLEAN!!! But I know the car has been worked on. I guess the good news is that all of the body parts still have the OEM VIN # sticker on it.

I'll check out the radiator/fan thingy for you since I do have an auto too.

Peace.

Sam
Orlando FL

Sorry to hear that man....there are ALOT of shady ass people out there....the guy who sold me mine....Albert Diaz...did not tell me/covered up a good bit of stuff, that I had to pay big $$$ to get fixed!

Jay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts