Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason that a CT-26 won't fit on a MKIV? I was wanting to pick up some MKIII parts for my NA-T conversion. If they won't work, please let me know.

BTW, I'm having a manifold built for my car so fitment isn't an issue.

Thanks,

Jason

·
dank
409 Posts
A regular ol' Turbonetics cast manifold for the GTE and a CT-26 would mate up just fine. The stock GTE manifold is the primary problem when the question of "Why won't a CT-26 directly bolt up". Other than custom fabricating a downpipe, oil lines and all the other necessary fittings... there's nothing really wrong with doing something like that, but then again... why? :) The stock twins are just as capable as any hybrid 26 (50 trim, 60 trim, etc...). A single CT-26's advantage over the stock twins would be reliability, but most importantly - cost effecient. You can find one of those little puppies just about anywhere. Then again... by the time you've completed your little ol' single CT-26 setup on the MKIV - you've spent enough money to purchase one of the relatively cheap single turbo kits already available for the GTE. :)

Yeah, it's possible, but why? Seriously.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It isn't going on a TT, I have a NA, and I'm converting it to single NA-T. As far as why, the price of the CT-26 is amazing in comparison to the SP__ style turbo's. I'm just looking to boost up to 300hp until I can build the tranny, and I have read that these turbos are capable of 500 hp after I get the tranny built. Plus, they seem to be small enough that lag doesn't exist. The one thing that I don't understand is the internal wastegate. It seems like a good idea for what I am doing, since I am basically using it at it's original power level, but is there any problems that I am going to encouter with this wategate?

Thanks again,

Jason

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Phish said:
It isn't going on a TT, I have a NA, and I'm converting it to single NA-T. As far as why, the price of the CT-26 is amazing in comparison to the SP__ style turbo's. I'm just looking to boost up to 300hp until I can build the tranny, and I have read that these turbos are capable of 500 hp after I get the tranny built. Plus, they seem to be small enough that lag doesn't exist. The one thing that I don't understand is the internal wastegate. It seems like a good idea for what I am doing, since I am basically using it at it's original power level, but is there any problems that I am going to encouter with this wategate?

Thanks again,

Jason
500 hp CT-26? dont think ive ever heard of one of those....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, so I may have been exagerating a little bit, but currently all that I want is 250 rwhp maybe upgrading to about 300. My friend has a C5 and it is great, so I'll probably try to get close to him. I'm pretty sure that the CT-26 is capable.

Thanks,

Jason

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts