Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask this is because I have been searching for a while, and tempting the possibilities of getting a mustang gt or a g35 coupe, but i always focused on the supra. Anyways i am bout to follow thru with a purchase on a supra, but I keep getting people (especially family) why are you paying so much (above $25k) for a old car why dont you get a new car, your gonna regret it..etc...im just askin to see if any of you guys had regrets since buying your supra?

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
Yeah.

I get hooted and hollered at by so many guys it's retarded.

I would get the Mustang. The Mustang and Corvette are true American sports cars.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I regret not getting two Supras...

Go get ur Mustang and let the people continue hollering at us :bigthumb:

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
yes i'm married to it for life.. i tried to sell it for 1 1/2 weeks last week and i couldn't bring myself to do it. i had to change the f/s thread and erase the f/s sign on the back window. i'm stuck with it til i die, like AIDS.

lol and for the smartasses, no i don't have the HIV

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i was just asking to get others opinions on when they got their supra. I could have gotten the mustang well before, but its just that I've always wanted the supra and I jumped on it. I was tryin to test drive around ny in the fresh meadows area, and god damn those are some shitty ass roads up in ny. Usually im driven around up there but when you drive it yourself, your like damn they should do something about it lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
but I keep getting people (especially family) why are you paying so much (above $25k) for a old car why dont you get a new car, your gonna regret it..etc..
yes, you will regret it. so just buy a newer vehicle like the Mustang.

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Suepahfly said:
The reason I ask this is because I have been searching for a while, and tempting the possibilities of getting a mustang gt or a g35 coupe, but i always focused on the supra. Anyways i am bout to follow thru with a purchase on a supra, but I keep getting people (especially family) why are you paying so much (above $25k) for a old car why dont you get a new car, your gonna regret it..etc...im just askin to see if any of you guys had regrets since buying your supra?
put it this way, supra is a car that when ppl see, its like a fantasy, most ppl cant beleive theyre seeing it. i dont think anyone on this forum have any regrets whatsoever. Ford Mustang, 2 words with a 100 things wrong with it, from a shitty build quality to the fact that somewhere along the line it became a chick car. get the supra, if u know what a supra is and is capable of, how can u regret it?

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
not at all. :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
The car is amazing but Lemme just give you some advice before you buy it. If you do make sure you are willing to put tons of cash into it cause once its yours your going to want more and more power etc.... My supra's paid off and everything but im selling it just because I can't and don't want to keep dumping money into it but I wont be happy unless I do, so im getting rid of it so I don't have to put up with the stress of worrying if Im going to buy something new for it. Especially while getting married, and buying a house and stuff all at once. So just be sure you can afford not only the car but what you know you are going to want in it.

·
2JZ swapped!
878 Posts
Get the supra if you really want it and you can afford it. Other wise get the G35.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I don't regret buying the Supra but I do miss my G35 coupe some times. If you decide to not get the Supra then you should get the G35.

·
Registered
934 Posts
i gave up my 03' evo for it.... damn i loved that car. both cars provide me with a different type of thrill... corner and straight line

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,306 Posts
I regret buying my Supra and taking it to the level that it is now - I can't even drive it on 93 pump gas, can't take it on trips, or even really on the freeway for an extended period of time, and I've got so much money wrapped up in it that it makes me sick to think about it - but, I LOVE the car. Unfortunately, I had to buy a truck and trailer to move the thing around (go th dragstrip, car shows), so yeah - I guess that I regreat buying something that runs my life, and needs me to make payments on something (a truck), that I wouldn't have ever needed in the firstplace if not for the car.

I did have a 2005 STi - and that car was honestly more fun to drive than my Single'd, TH400 Supra. But then again, I'm a Subaru Tech, so I have a diehard love for the WRX STi...

If you have money to spend, get the Supra - but - it's an OLDER CAR, and you'll have to deal with that when you want nice amenities that the G35 offers. Forget the Mustang - those are junk, unless an '03 Cobra, but it's still a shoddy car.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I hate the money pit! for some reason it is always sitting in my garage and not driven. nothing wrong with it though. :)
if you dont know why people are willing to pay over 25k for one, then get the g35 coupe.
Vic

1 - 20 of 56 Posts