Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is supposed to be a new turbo garrett introduced to fill a niche for the 850hp level in a compact set-up. Anyone tried it on a jz engine yet ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm using the GT4088R currently, and was debating between the two.

But on 2.6L, I didn't want anymore lag.

I'd think it would be a great match to the 3.0 2JZ.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also think this would be a good comparison to the previous 67mm turbos that came before this one . Looking forward to seeing its performance .

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
I would really like to see powerbands and peak numbers with this turbo. I have a hard time believing this will make the same power as a GT42R and spool the same or faster with that turbine wheel and compressor wheel

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
It wont make as much as a GT42R, who said that?

However, it will spool faster....
I dont see the GT40R turbine wheel being able to flow enough for the GT42R compressor wheel. And I dont see it spooling as fast or faster than a GT40R. The only advantage I see running this turbo is on certain applications with a limited amount of space. This is all theory though. I hope to see some dyno sheets from people running this turbo :)

·
Turbocharger Engineer
751 Posts
The GT4094R spools only about 200-300rpms faster and will NOT support the level of power the 42R will. The turbine wheel flow will fall off as well since the efficiency of the 40R turbine is not as high as the 42's. If space is limited then yeah run it, but if you have the room, go 42R.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The GT4094R spools only about 200-300rpms faster and will NOT support the level of power the 42R will. The turbine wheel flow will fall off as well since the efficiency of the 40R turbine is not as high as the 42's. If space is limited then yeah run it, but if you have the room, go 42R.
That was the same answer I got from the guys over at Precision Turbo.

When I step up, It will be to a GT4202R, as I have a GT4088R on the car currently.

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
Anyone know if there'll be a non-R available for those that want the new GT CHRA/wheels/etc over a comparable turbo (like the ~71mm old T-series) but dont want the extra $1000 for the ball bearing CHRA?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts