Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me along with a few other supra's are planning on heading up to savannah to participate in the June 18th and 19th HPDE. I would be nice to see some more supras out there and meet some new people. More info can be found here: http://www.thscc.com/timetrial/events/roebling.htm

Mike

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You know that is tempting. I plan on driving there sometime this year. Was thinking NASA or maybe Chin Motorsports but Seat Time may be interesting. Do they use instructors? Also if I don go there and don't instruct (haven't driven that track since 1982!) and end up in advanced, what kind of passing rules do they have? Hopefully anywhere with a point by. I am getting pretty spoiled by that.

Barry H.

·
Not Enough Grip
459 Posts
There is a Porsche Club of America Drivers Education on April 15th and 16th by the Florida Crown Region (FCR). I am still working on getting my Supra track ready so I will be running with a Boxster, but it would be great if any Supra members could make it. The FCR events normally have a 50 to 50 ratio of Porsches to other makes, so everyone is welcome.

For anyone that has not run a PCA event before, they are well run, very professional, very friendly, excellent instructors, and a lot of fun. The event is two days, and you will get 4, 20 minute sessions each day, for a total of 160 minutes of track time. The cost for the two days is $195 for PCA members, $225 for non-members.

If anyone is interested, here is the link to the FCR website and all the info for the April event: FCR April PCA DE @ Roebling

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
But are those PCA club members still friendly after being passed by a CRX? I hope so. Don't know why but out of all the marque clubs some of the PCA folks get a little "funny" when something else "whoops up on them". Use to get that sometimes in my "its only a Toyota" Supra. Would be showing fender to Porsches down the front straight right before the PCA guy using the flags including the passing flag and get no passing flag courtesy or a point by. I would have to pull into the pits and get space rather than get the point by. Nowadays hell I would just go ahead and take them down after about two fender showings.

Hopefully the Florida PCA folks are more other marque friendly, even to ugly sleeper cars like mine that look slow in the paddock but surprise once shown the green flag. There are so many track events to attend to these days.

Barry H.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts