Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just got me a stock 1999 Camaro SS ... well all it has is a drop in K&N filter... but anyways I would like to run one to see how well I do vs one, honestly I think I will get beat, or should be kinda close. If anyone has one, that is kinda close in the area, let me know.. Ill have someone in my car to video tape the run if we can get one going :D

Thanks-

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Where is Venice? I have a classic Supra...a 1985, but it's fast ;) If you are truly stock, I'll beat you, but it doesn't matter. Racing for fun is fun :) I'm in Ft.Lauderdale btw.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
mine is stock, just looks fast

·
One Fast Supra
560 Posts
12RUNM said:
Hey just got me a stock 1999 Camaro SS ... well all it has is a drop in K&N filter... but anyways I would like to run one to see how well I do vs one, honestly I think I will get beat, or should be kinda close. If anyone has one, that is kinda close in the area, let me know.. Ill have someone in my car to video tape the run if we can get one going :D

Thanks-
It should be a very close race. My friend and I raced all the time when I was stock. He had a 98 SS. It all depends on your driving skills. We always went back and forth until I installed my exhaust, then I had an edge.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mystic said:
do you want to get beat by a benz???
Bah, ill go to noahs house and install a 100 shot wet kit and leave your benz standing still :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pituala said:
Where is Venice? I have a classic Supra...a 1985, but it's fast ;) If you are truly stock, I'll beat you, but it doesn't matter. Racing for fun is fun :) I'm in Ft.Lauderdale btw.

Im down, I dont think I have seen a fast MK3 yet, would be cool to see... but last time I went to fort lauderdale It took me about 3 hours doing 120MPH whole way to get there. But I may be heading down there here sometime for a car photo shoot. Would be cool to meet up when I head down there. :)

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
12RUNM said:
Im down, I dont think I have seen a fast MK3 yet, would be cool to see... but last time I went to fort lauderdale It took me about 3 hours doing 120MPH whole way to get there. But I may be heading down there here sometime for a car photo shoot. Would be cool to meet up when I head down there. :)

MK3??? Mine is an MK2....lol....old school!!! But get in touch with me when you come down. I have qa shop, we can hang there and shoot the shit, and there's a great road a block away for racing....and we have this HUGE open parking lot with a slick blacktop for donuts and burnouts :)

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
12RUNM said:
Im down, I dont think I have seen a fast MK3 yet, would be cool to see... :)
Yeah, MKIIIs are slow... :bigthumb: lol... But seriously, there are some pretty quick ones around, we just arent as exposed as the MKIV guys are, I think there is more expectation for an MKIV to be fast than an MKIII...

BTW Pit, that's a sexy sexy MKII! :bigthumb:

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Reign_Maker said:
Yeah, MKIIIs are slow... :bigthumb: lol... But seriously, there are some pretty quick ones around, we just arent as exposed as the MKIV guys are, I think there is more expectation for an MKIV to be fast than an MKIII...

NA MKIV's like mine are slow too

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Reign_Maker said:

I didn't even show you the sexiest part. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pituala said:
MK3??? Mine is an MK2....lol....old school!!! But get in touch with me when you come down. I have qa shop, we can hang there and shoot the shit, and there's a great road a block away for racing....and we have this HUGE open parking lot with a slick blacktop for donuts and burnouts :)
That sounds like a plan, how can I get a hold of you when I head down there? :bigthumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pituala said:

I didn't even show you the sexiest part. ;)

NICE! How much power you getting out of that are you estimating?

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Pit, go single... :D

Damn, that motor in there looks like it should've come from Toyota that way...

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Reign_Maker said:
Pit, go single... :D

Damn, that motor in there looks like it should've come from Toyota that way...
Some parts I have in the back of my shop waiting to be used
:D :D

And something that I finished about a month ago....just incase ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
pituala said:
Around 320ish.
Nice, should be a good race, my car is 320hp stock... hopefully I can get my exhaust installed before the shoot ;) ah, sob... maybe I should throw in my "just incase as well" :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts