Supra Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I bought a transmission already and I have the controller along with the shifter. I'm waiting on a friend of mine to make the adapter plate for my 2jz. I didn't know there was one already available.

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Wow, great news! Definitely didnt think it would fit seeing one in person. If I ever have issues with my v160 ill probably do this swap OR buy an sc300!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nobody will have done it yet besides the original car used to create the PHR kit. They use a billet bell housing that they designed. Apparently the QuickTime does not fit properly. I have ordered my bell housing, and have my 6R80 sitting in my garage. Lead time is 1-2 months on the bells as they are cutting them now, so I doubt anyone will have their car swapped for another 1-2 months at the earliest.

I need to teardown my 6R80, upgrade the clutches, and install the billet intermediate shaft to make it bulletproof for my power levels (sub 1k HP). And then get the rest of the kit before I can swap. Hoping this winter, but realistically may not get done until next winter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nobody will have done it yet besides the original car used to create the PHR kit. They use a billet bell housing that they designed. Apparently the QuickTime does not fit properly. I have ordered my bell housing, and have my 6R80 sitting in my garage. Lead time is 1-2 months on the bells as they are cutting them now, so I doubt anyone will have their car swapped for another 1-2 months at the earliest.

I need to teardown my 6R80, upgrade the clutches, and install the billet intermediate shaft to make it bulletproof for my power levels (sub 1k HP). And then get the rest of the kit before I can swap. Hoping this winter, but realistically may not get done until next winter.
Where did you find your 6R80? 5.0 F150 or Mustang 5.0 version?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Where did you find your 6R80? 5.0 F150 or Mustang 5.0 version?
I got a 4x2 F150 6R80 from a 2013 model. 2011 and newer is needed as the TCU is external on the newer models.

Older model (pre-2011) 6R80s have the TCU internal and are not compatible with the quick 6 US Shift TCU.

2011+ 4x2 F150 and Mustang GT 6R80s are compatible (anything behind the 5.0 V8). These are fairly available at wreckers and parts recyclers, I got mine for $600CAD.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts