Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
MKI"V" for Vendetta
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has opted for the 18" CCW's in the 505a or SP500's over the 19's? If anyone has pics (especially in red) that would be great. I've only seen them in 19" fitments.

·
Registered
158 Posts
chicks said:
Just curious if anyone has opted for the 18" CCW's in the 505a or SP500's over the 19's? If anyone has pics (especially in red) that would be great. I've only seen them in 19" fitments.
<--- Also interested in seeing 18" SP500's :agreed:

·
MKI&quot;V&quot; for Vendetta
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kaosv1,

Thanks for the pic. Very Nice! Could you tell me the wheel/tire/suspension specs you are running? Was fender work required to fit these?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
kaosv1, do you have any more pics? I'm assuming that's your car? It looks great, but man, it's hard to decide between the 18" 500's or 505a's...right now the 505a's look better, but it'd be nice to catch the 500's from some different angles. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
kaosv1, good choice :bigthumb: 18's look better on 100% stock bodied MKIV's. 19's look out of place unless a car is kitted, imo. At the very least a person would need a lip and different wing to even make 19's look decent.

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
Wheels aree 18x10 F +50 18x11 R +50. I'm running 265's BFG's F and 295 BFG DR's rear, no fender mods. Suspension: Tein RE's, W/ sways.....
I've also had the eibach/kyb's and it was fine too.
Look up the Black Mambas in the members thread a few other pics are there from different angles. :) NO. my caps haven't fallen off. I also ordered a set of Toyota emblems for the centers that look excellent with them. I'll get some pics of those up soon.
thanks for the compliments...

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have 18" SP500's as well. They're beautiful wheels. Mine have rubbed a bit in the front over really hard bumps. I need an alignment so I'm not sure if adjusting my camber may help a bit with that or not. I'm running Eibach springs and KYB struts.

·
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kevin Hoare,

Thanks Kevin. I'm definitely leaning right now towards keeping the suspension all stock or possibly just throwing some lowering springs on for the short term. Coilovers in the future. Sounds like 18's won't require much if any fender work. I have heard mixed opinions on the 19's though as to whether fender work is necessary. I'm leaning 18's anyway. Any pics? I'm especially interested in yours since its red.

Thanks,
Court

·
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ThumperAC,

Those pics of AdrockTT's ride are the 505a's. Those pics make the 18" vs. 19" decision more difficult.

Thanks

·
Meh
100 Posts
Here is a picture of mine, these are 19's but just to reference on another red supra, suspension consists of Tein Super Streets, but the rears are raised slightly as fender clearance with the 295 Contis become an issue.

·
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No1_Special,

Thanks for the pic, very nice. Those 500's look to have a gunmetal finish. Is yours the red one on the CCW page? Also, any idea if I run the 19's with the 265/295 Contis on stock suspension or possibly Eibach, if rubbing is going to be a big problem?

Thanks again

·
Registered
664 Posts
chicks said:
No1_Special,

Thanks for the pic, very nice. Those 500's look to have a gunmetal finish. Is yours the red one on the CCW page?
Those are black chrome :)

BTW NO1special, you should post some pics of your car in members ride. I think its the 1st red supra ive seen with the Black Chrome 500's.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts