Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
1.8 bar I believe. I'll have another dyno run this Saturday with a wideband O2 reading as well. It'll be done on a Dynojet this time.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, I didn't see that it was a mustang. Thats a really good # for a mustang dyno.

I will be ordering a turbo when I get back from vacation on the 4th, can you tell me what other mods the car has? IC, LW flywheel, UD pully, cams, etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
It has the following:

Turbo System:
RPS Equal length, stainless steel exhaust header
Turbonetis T66 ball bearing turbo with P trim compressor wheel and .70 A/R Exhaust housing
Turbonetics Racegate external wastegate

Intake System:
K&N air filter
HKS Racing Blow-Off valve
Greddy front mount intercooler

Exhaust:
RPS downpipe (cerami-coated)
Thermal Research&Development exhaust (full 3" stainless)

Fuel System:
Twin In-Tank factory fuel pumps
Parallel -6 fuel line from 2nd pump
Stainless braided Aroquip line
Hard aluminum line
Earls, Aeroquip, and Paxton fuel fittings
Paxton Fuel Pressure regulator
HKS purple fuel rail
Greddy Denso 720cc injectors
Earls fuel filter

Electronics:
Full G-Force Modded ECU with RPS custom single turbo tune
HKS VPC
HKS AFR
HKS EVCIII
Philip Long 2-Step launch rev limiter
52mm Greddy boost gauge
52mm Greddy EGT gauge

Clutch:
HKS Triple Disc

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I never got the sheet scanned but it will have to wait regardless.

I did 604 WHP corrected (624 uncorrected) at 1.8 bar but I was missing badly at about 4500 RPMS (i'm probably going to replace coil packs and plugs). To top it off, I'm now having problems holding boost above 1.3-1.4 bar so I'm replacing my POS HKS Racing BOV with a Racing BOV II. We'll see if that fixes the problem. I'll post when I have a solid dyno run.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Why is it that HKS themselves said that the part of the RPS Turbo kit called HKS Racing BOV isn't a true BOV and in fact shouldn't be used for anything boosting more than 18 PSI? They said I was wasting my time using the part I have.

I'm also going to see if my wastegate has some issues as well.

T

·
0 Posts
Just curious what you guys are using for wastegates? I just ordered a Dual BB T66 P-Trim with 82 A/R from Innovative.

·
T-64 powered
166 Posts
turbonetics racegate is probably the most popular. Mine was acting very inconsistent after installation, so I bought an HKS GT, which is considered the best. But now my racegate is behaving itself for the time being.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My Greddy Type R wastegate holds boost great along with my Profec B. This was their big one, but now they make a TYpe C, which I believe is their largest, similar to the HKS GT.

TTA89: let us know the spooling characteristics and power of your new turbo. Thanks

SH
T78

T

·
0 Posts
Well its for my Turbo T/A so I dont think the power or spool will really relate to a Supra but if you want to know I'll still share with ya :D I'm planning on running a 2800-3000 stall so it should spool awesome in my car, I hope ;)

Im not looking to go crazy, I want 128mph trap speeds so I think I need 602hp at the motor. That shouldnt be a big deal with this turbo.

It better pull like crazy on the top for the price this thing costs :eek: My last turbo cost $675 bucks lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts