Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Phantom Flipper
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ford Ranger 4x4 Extended cab just isn't cutting it anymore. The fuel mileage is bad, the 3.0 engine is weak, the 4x4 system is known to be problematic, and the space is tight for my 6'5" frame.

The money situation is getting better so I think it's time to step up. I've been looking at many different trucks lately and the Tundra has come up. I know Toyota's quality is top-notch and I hope that transfers over to their trucks. Plus it'd be nice having another Toyota in the garage next to the Supra!

Can anyone say yay or nay to them?

Also, I'm considering all makes and models of trucks. My requirements are as follows:

-Four wheel drive
-At least a 6' bed
-Preferably an extended cab with some sort of third or suicide style door configuration. Four door, long bed trucks are just too big for my situation
-Good get up and go with decent fuel mileage
-Able to sit my aforementioned 6'5" skinny body in there comfortably.
-Reliable
-Under $20,000

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
We have a tundra double cab, and I love it. Rides almost like a car, gets pretty good mileage for a big truck. Has good power, and its tow rating is pretty decent as well. The new tacomas have the same tow rating though as well. Maybe a new Taco would be a better choice for you? Its almost the same size, you can tow the Supra with it, but it is less, how do I say....Luxurious I guess. I dont see it fitting into that price range though. :(

Pretty sure you can pick up an extended cab Tundra for around 20k, but I havent looked at prices for them. Ours was considerably more but thats because it's a limited with NAVI, and rear video system and all that good stuff.

Alex

·
Phantom Flipper
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've found quite a few (to my amazement) extended cab's in the mid to upper teens in price. The Tundra looks like a good choice so hopefully I'll be able to find a few around here to test drive (it's truck country here in Idaho) and hopefully pick one up at a good price!

The new Tacoma would be perfect as would be a new Frontier but they're out of my price range. An older Tacoma would also be nice but I really want the rear door option for the extended cab. Not having that on my Ranger annoys the crap out of me.

What kind of mileage do you guys get in your truck?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts