Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Undefinable
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen them for other cars, but I think there is a market for Supras as well. I did a couple searches and found several different techniques for home made kits that seem to work. I would really like a Supra specific kit though - especially if made from carbon fiber.

Something like this: http://www.fastforwardltd.com/brakes.htm

With something like this: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TBR3690212

Surely MVP, HPF, WOTM, etc. can get together and come up with a kit? :D

Thanks!
Kev

·
Registered
659 Posts
WOW, i've found a better CF addict than myself :D :D :D

As for cooling ducts, in track driving stock brakes get stressed (fading) after about two laps of Monza Raceway, while Brembo 13,4" brakes never get stressed (i never kept running hard for more than 7 laps... i get tired at that treshold :D ). So in case you upgrade your brakes i dont' feel additional cooling is necessary, while if you keep stock it may help a bit

brakes are under *heavy* load on that Raceway: 1x 170-40mph, 1x 150-50 1x 120-70, 1x 150-70, 1x 160-65 brakings every lap

·
Undefinable
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know Cosmic - thanks. :) I'm planning to hit Summit Point in July and VIR sometime later in the summer so I figure every little bit helps -- especially if it weighs next to nothing.

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
I like the look of those brake cooling gadgets and I've been thinking of doing something on mine this season.

Anybody have comments about liquid spray cooling? I noticed that on some types of race cars ...errr I know I saw it on those huge road racing trucks not sure about cars... they spray water onto the rotors/brakes; it looks like you could steam shrimp while you're racing. But I don't think most sanctioning bodies would think it's cool ...damn inadvertent puns... to be dripping liquids all over the track unless it's done in the good old James Bond tradition to stop all those pesky cars following you ;)

·
Undefinable
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nick 95 6sp said:
I like the look of those brake cooling gadgets and I've been thinking of doing something on mine this season.

Anybody have comments about liquid spray cooling? I noticed that on some types of race cars ...errr I know I saw it on those huge road racing trucks not sure about cars... they spray water onto the rotors/brakes; it looks like you could steam shrimp while you're racing. But I don't think most sanctioning bodies would think it's cool ...damn inadvertent puns... to be dripping liquids all over the track unless it's done in the good old James Bond tradition to stop all those pesky cars following you ;)
Huh... I would expect that to warp or crack the rotors... :shrug:

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
remember the stock rotor shrouds are attatched to the hub, and the hubs must be dissasembled to remove them, or would have to be cut off.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
Wow...being able to run a Supra at Monza! :)

Steve T.
it's a bit scary first times you come at the 1st chicane and you have to push *hard* on the brakes when you're about 170mph (275km/h) but a Supra at Monza gives shit to almost any other car in there! :D I'm not a pro driver, but only a Ferrari F40 passed me by in the straigh after the parabolic turn (the straigh with finish line). Mind that a F40 weights under 1100kg (2400lbs) ..and has an astonishing acceleration coming out from the turns (480 hp). As for the rest, no 911, no M3, no modenas could keep up with the supra (18psi, with cat, FMIC, VPC, stock tires) That's a thing i'm pretty proud of. :)
My best lap in there is 2:13'. If it wasn't my car i could have risked a lil more and maybe break the 2:10 barrier :) ... but when a corner is approaching i always think that a pic of my dawg bumped somewhere wouldn't fit right in my memories album :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts