Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,460 Posts
They had to change their setups a bit and run ET streets. I believe Ryan was having a problem overpowering the track but hopefully they'll get the bugs worked out, I believe he was goign 9.2-9.3s earlier this week in altitude during testing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,431 Posts
Just wanted to say Congrats to Paul Efantis in the Solara and MSP for setting a new track record with a 7.96 @ 170.30 MPH . I believe his 60' was a 1.159 :bowdown: Seems even altitude doesn't stop MSP from setting records and running times! Congrats Paul. Sunday should be interesting!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,460 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Just wanted to say Congrats to Paul Efantis in the Solara and MSP for setting a new track record with a 7.96 @ 170.30 MPH . I believe his 60' was a 1.159 :bowdown: Seems even altitude doesn't stop MSP from setting records and running times! Congrats Paul. Sunday should be interesting!
Congrats to Paul for his record, that's a killer time with the restrictions put in place for that class.

Brad P also killed the record in Pro RWD this weekend, pretty crazy that his ET's at altitude are inline with what the competion is running at sea level at most events.
 

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
Joined
·
6,305 Posts
8900ft corrected altitude today. It was nice. Our cars are down 7-9mph, as are cars like Pauls. Brads Scion was only down 7mph but he did some tweaking to get it to 213. This alititude sucks for sure but we knew that coming into it. I ran low 9's earlier in the week so once I get the launch down I should be fine.

Cody is #1 and I am #2 going into eliminations tomorrow.

My [email protected] was with a 1.85 60ft as well. So ya... there's LOTS of ET left...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,795 Posts
WOTM said:
8900ft corrected altitude today. It was nice. Our cars are down 7-9mph, as are cars like Pauls. Brads Scion was only down 7mph but he did some tweaking to get it to 213. This alititude sucks for sure but we knew that coming into it. I ran low 9's earlier in the week so once I get the launch down I should be fine.

Cody is #1 and I am #2 going into eliminations tomorrow.

My [email protected] was with a 1.85 60ft as well. So ya... there's LOTS of ET left...
The cars are definitely down on power, the tracks elevation is 5800 ft :) The max boost my turbo will make is 35lbs, in Texas we actually hit 50lbs. (on accident). Altitude definitely plays a HUGE role. I've been from sea level, to 2,000 ft., 3,000 ft, 4600 in slc and now in Denver.

Anyword from the WOTM boys??? We're cleaning fucking house as usual :) Qualified 1-2 and guaranteed Wally win. The track really isn't holding the power, so far my 60 ft's have been 1.58 at best, and 1.67's the other two passes.

I qualified [email protected] and Ryan is number 2 with a 9.85, I know Ryan's car has a lot left in it since he's got the 88 on it, my car is pretty much maxed.

Btw Ryan, it's time to change your signature :) :) :) :)

Once again I'd like to publically thank Ryan for all the support he's given me over the years, I couldn't have gone this quick and fast without taking part of his R&D and his tuning, that's why our cars always run hard.

I also want to publically thank my friend Dan Krieger (Bigplansnocar) for helping pit/drive, and Adam from WOTM, as well as Darren from Titan.........our crew rocks!!!!

More updates tomorrow........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,614 Posts
best of luck to you guys tomorrow....representing the 2JZ to the max..
 

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
Joined
·
6,305 Posts
You beat me in ELIMINATIONS and I will:)

Thanks to Darin from Titan Motorsports for coming out to help me out with the Motec. We put one in last week and have been tuning and setting it up this weekend. I have been running on a motec all week and so far so good. We just need to get the launch down and we'll be good to go. Tuning on the motec was a breeze and Darin got that handled. The power is there so we just need to work out the launch. So if anyone is wondering about the random ass times I'm running its because we are messing around with a launch on a motec now:) And the shitty ass ET Streets I have to run....

Tomorrow a WOTM 6spd car will win so it's all good. If I'm going to lose I want it to be Cody and no one else. Should be fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,614 Posts
Ryan, which Motec u running? which ignition?
 

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
Joined
·
6,305 Posts
M820 Box, stock coils, and I have a twin power in the car. We switched back and fourth a few times doing some R&D and testing on both the AEM and Motec. Darin and I tune very similar so we have some good hard data. He did the Motec tuning and I did the AEM tuning.

Congrats to Cody Phillips as well for Qualifying #1. Good thing he was there to help better the WOTM showing after my shitty ass passes:)

I haven't had a 1.85 60ft in a long time:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,614 Posts
WOTM said:
M820 Box, stock coils, and I have a twin power in the car. We switched back and fourth a few times doing some R&D and testing on both the AEM and Motec. Darin and I tune very similar so we have some good hard data. He did the Motec tuning and I did the AEM tuning.
ohh..interesting combo...so which will you be using tomorrow, the Motec or the AEM?

I have an M600/CDI8/Supra coil packs on my IS300 :sadance:
 

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
Joined
·
6,305 Posts
I'll be running the Motec all weekend. No time to R&D ECU's in elminations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
Congrats Cody and Ryan for qualifying 1 and 2. Good luck tomorrow. Call me will the updates as the day goes on.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top