Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what it will be going on my supra , along with a t78 kit

2 stock TT fuel pumps, in-tank , Y :tag: conected, out true the original TT fuel line.

800 venon injectors, direct Fit to the TT stock fuel rail.

any1 out there with a similar set up, Do you like it? any DYNO #'s

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
If i were you i'd run some new 8mm - hose, split into 2 6mm feeds into each end of stock fuel rail, run the FPR into the stock feed line as the return. I've also heard very bad things about those venom injectors, I'd get some sard 650's or 720's.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
gmacrae said:
If i were you i'd run some new 8mm - hose, split into 2 6mm feeds into each end of stock fuel rail, run the FPR into the stock feed line as the return. I've also heard very bad things about those venom injectors, I'd get some sard 650's or 720's.
What bad things have you heard about the Venom Injectors? I've searched and haven't found very much. Everyone has just said they suck without any reasons. Kinda like how everyone says the Ebay Manifolds suck...?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Phil here, I hope all is well with you and your car. I had a set of venom 800cc sent out to NZ and one was faulty (just would not respond at all to inj signal), they replaced the whole set after I sent them back and the replacement set had two injectors that I would not ever consider fitting to the vehicle with obvious visual problems. These should not have got passed even the most basic visual quality control let alone any flow testing ect. So a 25% failure rate out of 12 injectors before even running in the car, I would never trust them in my car. See picture in this thread, Cheers Phil.http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352738
begone said:
What bad things have you heard about the Venom Injectors? I've searched and haven't found very much. Everyone has just said they suck without any reasons. Kinda like how everyone says the Ebay Manifolds suck...?

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
^^^ just what i was hoping for, cheers for chiming in Phil.

Phil has given me heaps of info about fuel systems, his was the bad experience i was talking about. He's been there, and done that.

Begone, i am the biggest "ebay parts" activist on these boards :) If something is cheap and can do the same job, im all for it. With fuel system gear however I think you should stick to the proven brands. An injector failing at WOT is a pretty bad scenario :nervous:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts