Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has used the exidy tripple non carbon cluth for any type of drag racing. I was wondering if it can handle much slipping on launch?

Ralph

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Worst clutch i've ever used. Google video search "sowers supra" first two or three or 4 runs are that clutch

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,517 Posts
i had the tilton triple and the exedy triple metallic. i personally like the triple metallic exedy better (believe it or not). the tilton was amazing no doubt... but i felt the exedy held up better for abuse and daily driving. also it's uneasy in my mind knowing i'm wearing out a $4000 clutch. lol

the exedy has a VERY short engagement point... so it was harder to launch it... first time at the track i was able to cut 1.7-1.8 60' times but i felt that if i upped the 2 step and launched harder, i could have easily cut 1.4-1.5's with out a problem. so it's definitely possible to launch well on the exedy. you just have to slip it carefully when you find your engagement point so it won't bog so easily.

i'd say for the money, if you're tight and find a good deal on the exedy triple disk, go with that one :) that's just my personal thoughts and experience

1 - 7 of 7 Posts