Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Level 2 Rhythm Rogue
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, thats right.

The last few days I've been coming out in the morning to a dead battery, and a strange burning smell. I thought it was due to the foglight rewire I had recently done, but it all checked out.

Over the weekend I was taking a long road trip up to vancouver and after a nice dead battery that morning I started smelling that burning smell again and noticed smoke coming up from below me. It just kept getting worse and worse, but unfortunately I was stuck in traffic and couldn't pull over. Finally when I got to a gas station I jumped out and looked for the culprit.

Not the fuse box, not the steering column, not the stereo. BAM! It's the seat motor which is smoking hot, melting the seat and practically glowing red. I unplugged the seat and had an uneventful trip, although I couldn't adjust the seat.

WTF is up with that? Of all the things to go bad and drain my battery/melt. I never would have found it either if I hadn't taken a 4+ hour drive.

·
can you not
2,096 Posts
And to think I took crap for getting aftermarket unpowered seats... :)

That sucks man... I've never heard of it happening. Won't happen to me though ;)

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
:lol: That sucks! Perhaps THAT is what is taking my battery power..I actually have to disconnect the negative terminal on my battery whenever the car isnt running :doh:

·
Level 2 Rhythm Rogue
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha....:lol:

I couldnt belive it was the seat, but I'm glad I found the problem. It gets embarassing asking for a jump start all the time. It was especially weird because the switches weren't stuck or anything.

At least I know I'm not retarded and I can in fact build a foglight relay harness without killing my entire car.

·
...heading for 500+ RWHP
467 Posts
At least the seat didn't catch on fire :eek: You wouldn't of had much time to get out if it did.....

That is strange though.......sounds like it was getting a constant power source from some where...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts