Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever thought of making a Master Cylinder Support?
ie. similar to the one that is on the carbing strut tower bar? I was thinking that it 'may' be possible to be installed on the cusco bars that most people have?

Here is how MPV describes the MCS -
This is the only Strut Tower Bar on the market to offer Brake Master Cylinder Support (MCS)! Why does that matter? Hard braking causes your firewall to flex a few millimeters. This creates an undesirable feeling in your chassis. MCS bars prevent such movement and gives your brakes a more solid feel. You should also stop slightly quicker during hard braking with this brace installed.
I'm guessing that this would only really be interesting to the Road Race guys...just wondering if anyone ever made one.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have someone sit in your car and stand on the brakes while you watch the Master Cylinder Flex. If you are barreling down a straight away at 150MPH it would be nice to have ALL of the power in your braking system going to the calipers. Same reason why people buy SS brake lines.

Just a thought...in the end I'll probably just buy the Carbing Bar...but I've been staring at it thinking this might be an easy DIY mod.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I have always though that it would be easy enough to take the ring around the shock tower and weld a brace to it that supports the master cylinder...

·
Is it turbo? Is it stick?
4,557 Posts
I have a master cylinder brace on my Subaru which is made by Perrin, and I also have one from Cusco. They are stupid simple, and the Cusco is borderline crude IMO. It really wouldn't be tough to replicate the quality and functionality of this, but without looking in my Supra's engine bay I'm not sure what the best way would be to mount it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts