Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i think i finally blew it, literally, we went out racing tonight and on my first run i hit the nos and the car went for a second then it did nothing but sputter afterwards. I got it home and started tearing it down nothing but white smoke was coming out the exhaust when i gave it a decent amount of throttle. There wasnt any knocking in the engine it just felt conjested. I pulled #1&2 plugs out and they were coated in oil (i havent pulled the others yet). Then i pulled the piping off the intake only to find about a 1/4 quart of oil in there. I think its safe to say i melted the rings. I am going to do a compression test tomorrow.

Needless to say I will not be attending the supra meet this weekend which i was looking VERY forward to, and if anyone knows where i can get a running motor plz let me know :(

-Rich <not a real happy camper at the moment

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
T.A.P.Recycling has a Supra boneyard. There's also Toysport, who deals in used A.S. & J-spec engines. Are you close to P.H.R.? If you can afford it, how about a high comp, o-ringed rebuild? Sorry to hear about your misfortune.:(

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Sorry to hear that MSB... let us know what you find out.

Urmild, nitrous can be safe. MSB knew he was pushing it using a 150 shot single fogger. There are several things you need to be carefull about, and then your engine will last a good long time. Don't spray below 3k rpm. If you do each cylinder gets a huge gulp of nitrous and you can pound a rod out the block. Use good fuel, at least premuim.... but i always mix in a little race gas to make sure I got plenty of octane... with too low of octane you will detonate and can break your ringlands. Tune tune tune.... did I say tune? Get to a dyno asap and check your A/F ratio. If you are lean you go boom. Lean can result from being jetted incorrectly, or depending on the size of your shot the stock fuel pump may not be able to keep up. Keep it safe guys.... wrecking a engine isn't fun.

R

·
0 Posts
DaveH said:
Keep it safe guys.... wrecking a engine isn't fun.
Wrecking an engine is always fun... it's that painfully slow and expensive rebuild process that sucks major @ss

Rob_O

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
sorry to hear that... and it was going so well.... hope you get it running again really soon.

D

·
0 Posts
Damn- like urmild said- im kind of skeptical on getting Nitrous Oxide now. I really want that setup like he had too- the dual 75 shot. I dont know what to do now..i think i might still get it but i dont know what to do to my engine that will not make it blow up. What is the absolute safest setup to have - without going to low in Hp??

D

·
0 Posts
Ok, i called nitro dave- and im most likely going to get the dual stage import NX system...with the WOT switch. He said i can make the first stage at 75hp and the second stage at 50hp...that way i can run a little less hp so i can be safe. Im going to have a shop tune it for me so i dont screw up...i just hope my engine will be alright.

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
damn, sorry to hear that man. you are the nitrous "pioneer" for us NA guys..:D this will be a learning experience to us all. let us know what happens....

·
Hardtopper
235 Posts
Well... MSB... I feel your pain dawg... My baby died, and I STILL can't get her back, here it is 14 hours before the start of TX2k2... and I was really looking forward to runnin you on spray. Well dawg... I hope you get her runnin, if you need a new engine, wait about 1 more week, and if I can't get mine back... I'll yank the engine for you, right before I burn her to the ground! :p

-Zach

·
&#3626;&#3655;&#3655;&#3655;&#3655;&#3655;&#3655;&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
soarer 300 said:
Rich,

Do you want to sell your Supra as it sits?
Actually more than likely I will, for personal reasons which I'm not going to get into. Once thats finalized I'll let ya know.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
95 Dawg said:
Nah... My dawg is down because of a never ending ignition problem. I'm only jetted for a 75 dry shot... I'm not sprayin near what MSB was.
can you give us the details on your nitrous setup? and what do you think of it? was it worth it? thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts