Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know if they charge for mounting?

Also the guy who worked in the front desked charged me for "life time spin balancing" ($44) and I never asked for it. He also charged me for tire disposal even though I am going to bring in rims for him to mount the tires onto ($10). :wtflol:

I didn't notice the charges until after I got home at night. I already put a $40 deposit on the tire order, but what I would really like to know if they will charge me extra for changing the tire order. I want to get Kumhos, instead of the Barums. :rofl:

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
Lifetime spin balancing...

Go in every week to get the tires balanced?

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,923 Posts
I always saw all sorts of crazy fees when I'd go there.

They told me if I buy tires there or discounttiredirect.com then mounting is free. Looks like they charge for balancing.

Too bad costco won't mount tires you don't buy from them anymore. Mount and balance is $8 per tire with lifetime free balancing.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to tell them I don't need lifetime spin balancing, just to see what they say.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
They'll probably feed you some bs that will be totally incorrect just to try and save the sale.

Happens all the time.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
why don't you just ask them,lol,and tell them what you want.I've dealt with them and bought tires but over the phone,

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
I had good experiences with them (Long Beach Towne Ctr).
What I like about them was that they price match tires, even internet prices.

·
Is it stick? Is it turbo?
729 Posts
The one in Chino Hills that I went to, off Peyton Ave. is great. I bought some Kumho Ecsta 711's from them last year and I am very satisfied with the overall experience. Yes, they did offer this and that, but the final decision was on me. They didn't pressure me into buying a specific brand of tire, or pressure me into giving in to other unnecessary BS. I was there for tires only, and tires is what I got. Customer service is great at that store. Since then, I have had 3 of my cars, brought into America/Discount Tire Co. for tires. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Can't really say about the other America/Discount Tire Co. though. Anywho, best wishes

·
Registered
227 Posts
i use them alot, but again my good friend is the manager so i dont pay for any of those fees and get hooked up on the wheels :) hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts