Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Targa JZA70 FTW
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1990 TOYOTA SUPRA Turbo, red, grey lthr int, 5 spd, AirCared till 2005, targa top, 158,000 kms, new brks, rcnt tune up, no rust, exc cond, must see

Im looking into getting a supra, definately turbo targa 5spd and came across this. Just got off the phone with the owner whom has bought a new car and needs this on gone. Wrote down some quick notes on notepad during the conversation..

Still available
Owned for 1.5 yr
Hood hydralics shot
pass. seat rip in seam
no radio
shifts excellent
HG ? (doesnt know if done or not)

The owner said that there has been a few people intrested in it but they were all looking into financing and such. I am just wondering if any of you have seen this car, i didnt post the phone number in the above because i dont want anybody stealing this. Just though it would be nice if one of you guys had checked this out or had some info on it. Pm me if you got any questions thanks.

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
I personally haven't seen it, oh and everyone have access to buy&sell.

At $7200.00 OBO it's hardly a bargain.

·
Targa JZA70 FTW
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you think that is too much to pay? All we have around here is an 87 turbo targa white with 6/10 interior and a 8.7/10 ext w/ 170k on it. 7500 firm. To me the van. one souns like a decent deal.

·
Targa JZA70 FTW
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i know i know, i have been thinking about it. 10k is an awesome price for that car. Hrmm...I was sorta hoping to find something stock and than put money into it and the parts myself. That is what i was hoping for but oh well ya. Anyone else?

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
stay away from that red supra. ive talked about it before, kyle (89 black beauty) went to see it, he said its a rebuilt, and has had 2 accidents in the past month i think. I still want to get allans supra, lol, i wish i had 10k for it

·
Registered
808 Posts
Anyone gone and looked at this one?

1990 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO, auto, White ext, new tires, new brakes, Targa roof, exc cond, $5300 obo, 604-908-0674

I called about it. He said, it's never been in an accident, no rust, new timing belt, new head, maroon cloth interior. I really need to pick one up soon, and have everything to swap in the grey interior and 5-speed from my old car. Just worried about driving all that way and the car turning out to be junk :(

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
i went to call the guy but he wasnt home, so i didnt bother calling back, it seems pretty nice, where abouts is he? I might swing by and have a look, dont worry if its nice, i still wont buy it because i dont want auto. lol if i do go down to see it ill let you know how it is

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
toyota_supra_1988 said:
stay away from that red supra. ive talked about it before, kyle (89 black beauty) went to see it, he said its a rebuilt, and has had 2 accidents in the past month i think. I still want to get allans supra, lol, i wish i had 10k for it
Yeah stay away from that one, i was looking at that one in febuary before i bought mine 1.5 months ago.
Condensation under the drivers visor, valve covers leaking (he claims they are new), front end damage ( i can see where they forgot to paint and there's overspray), heater hose at the back of the engine needs replacing (it's swelling), shocks are gone, car is a rebuild the owner told me that he's had it for 1.5 years and he's never been in an accident but when i ran the vin there where 2 claims that where 2 months in a row during the time he says he's owned it. I don't have the claim report but i did email it to him, ask him if he has one if he says no then he's hiding more that i haven't found. The toyota tech suggested that i didn't buy that car. on yeah and clutch will need to be replaced.

·
Targa JZA70 FTW
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks alot guys, he told me it was in excellent condition and everything was perfect. Frig i really need to find a supra. Just dont know if i wanna buy allan's. I am planning on getting a 10k loan but i sorta wanted to start with a stock car but....well only time can tell. Anyone else know of an MK3 turbo targa in can?

·
Targa JZA70 FTW
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know, and i dont have the intent too. I am just not too sure if i want to get my first supra and have it all harcore modded. I wanted to start stock. but well ya...

·
Registered
808 Posts
toyota_supra_1988 said:
i went to call the guy but he wasnt home, so i didnt bother calling back, it seems pretty nice, where abouts is he? I might swing by and have a look, dont worry if its nice, i still wont buy it because i dont want auto. lol if i do go down to see it ill let you know how it is

I forgot to ask where abouts it is :doh:

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
i say just start from as much stock as possible that way you get YOUR upgrades and YOUR decisions. Plus you can feel the difference and appreciate stock from modded

·
Scratching and Sniffing
2,849 Posts
toyota_supra_1988 said:
lol but im with grimjack, im looking for 89+ but allans car is an exception, its soo nice. If i had 10k i would have picked that supra up asap

Dude how do you know how nice the car is when you haven't even physically made an atempt to look at it..lol..

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
well if i get some money outta my supra, i would let it go....since the gas price is insanely expansive right now.....i have to shift at 1500rpm everytime to save gas.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts