Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4.1 lsd in my car right now, wanting either a 3.9 or a 3.7 lsd, let me know if you're interested. Looking for someone local so we can just meet up and swap, no shipping no nothing :)

Thanks in advance,

Jon

·
Banned
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
holy shiz that was fast...

how soon can you do it? Im a noob but Im assuming that all of the 3.9 and 3.7's are lsd correct?

·
Banned
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zoonwen said:
3.9's are to long for drag, great for high way pulls =D
I have 2 4.1's, one of them is going to be locked soon so I will swap that one in for drag racing, and hopefully have a 3.7/3.9 for all my daily driving

·
Banned
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To tell you the truth I have no idea where they are from.

They both came with the car, the one in the car is lsd, the one out of the car isnt which is why im welding it so it will be a locked diff (ill just use it for track)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
3.7 will build boost better if I recall correctly and be great for highway pulls over 100

that and gas milage....

You'll want an LSD too since you're used to it, wish I could help yah out, I know where there is a parts car, but it's an '86 N/A and more than likely 3.9...

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
they mean they have 4.3 lsds out of the sport package NAs the 4.1 is the torsen out of the 2.5 tt-R. 3.9 is the 87-88 turbo model and the 3.7 is the 89+ turbo

·
Banned, jk lol
3,866 Posts
Jon, I thought you had a 3.90 in your car? Did you re-check or something? Chris Hams and I will be switching diffs soon since he needs a 4.30 for drag.

-Matt

·
Registered
349 Posts
How did you get 2 4.1's? Do you mean 4.30 LSD from a NA sports package? 4.1 are a torsen type instead of a LSD like the 3.73 3.9 or the 4.3. They were only available in the 1jz jap spec supras. Also non sports package NA's have a 4.3 but it is an open differential versus the LSD in the sports package.

·
Banned
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I already said how I got two 4.1's

Im saying 4.1 because I used a gear program and 4.1 is what it told me, Im saying lsd because I jacked the car up and turned the rear wheel forward, and the other wheel turned the same way.

if anyone wants to come check out what I have then by all means do... I just want something with a lower ratio because Im always on the freeway and want better gas mileage.

Matt, I dont have a 3.9, my rpm's are wayyy to high to match a 3.9, at 3k rpm im only at about 74mph in 5th, which is identical to this reading of what I should have if I had a 4.1...

Jon

·
Banned, jk lol
3,866 Posts
Ah, cool cool. Well at least you're not at 3k when you're going 65. ;) I'll be calling up Chris soon to switch diffs with him.

-Matt

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
.....Hmmmm.... So is that what's maybe making the Sup run hot? The gear ratio deal, instead of the fan clutch (have you swapped it yet)?

·
Banned
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Satan said:
.....Hmmmm.... So is that what's maybe making the Sup run hot? The gear ratio deal, instead of the fan clutch (have you swapped it yet)?
fan clutch is still here at the shop, car hasnt been driven really at all since the meet.

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
All GA70s have a 4.56, clutch-pack LSD differential.

'86.5-'92 MA70 N/A MKIIIs without Sport Package have a 4.30, open differential.

'86.5-'92 MA70 N/A MKIIIs with Sport Package (TEMS & headlight washers on '86.5 - '88 : TEMS & PPS on '89-'92) have a 4.30, clutch-pack LSD differential.

'87 - '88 MA70 turbo MKIIIs have a 3.91 clutch-pack LSD differential.

'89+ MA70 turbo MKIIIs have a 3.73 clutch-pack LSD differential.

'90 - '92 JZA70 Limited MKIIIs have a 3.91 Torsen LSD differential.

'91 - '92 JZA70 R MKIIIs have a 4.10 Torsen LSD differential.

Note that a LSD was an option- so you could get a NA base model with a LSD
I dont care what your fancy spancy program says but that is what was available ... I doubt your speedometer is accurate enough to determine your gearing one because of the age and two because you dont have stock tires and wheels. The "Drift Car" has to have a 4.3 lsd if it has not been replaced by the previous owner. The one in your car is more then likely a 3.73

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
yeah i doubt they are 4.10's, those are pretty hard to come by and If it did your machine wouldnt be accurate because you probably dont have a 4.10 speedo gear in your tranny.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well sir, since you seem so adamant on your gear ratio, why don't you take the differential cover off the "spare 4.10" and take of picture of the guts. A torsen looks completely different than a clutch type limited slip differential.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts