Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has to do with the steering but i dont know what it is called. I have noticed on a couple different supras that it isnt even there. Its all beat to hell and was making a grinding noise when i turned. So is this piece pretty important? Where can i get a new one if needed? Thanks.

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
You're joking right? It looks like a shock, did you run over one lately?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
where did you take it off of from???

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SilverMk2 said:
You're joking right? It looks like a shock, did you run over one lately?
You seriously think im that stupid? I said it had to do with the steering not suspension. Hold on ill get the pic up of where it was mounted.

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
supra8795 said:
You seriously think im that stupid? I said it had to do with the steering not suspension. Hold on ill get the pic up of where it was mounted.
No need to be an ass, I know it supraforums after all. It looks like an aftermarket damper like a 4 wheel drive guys use. I doubt its stock I've never seen one and its nots shown in the EPC.

Edit found it;
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/EPC/MKIII_NATO/291410/4505_1.html

87/88 only apparently

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
interesting.. my 2 91s dont have it, nor does my friends 86.5 sport package..

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SilverMk2 said:
No need to be an ass, I know it supraforums after all. It looks like an aftermarket damper like a 4 wheel drive guys use. I doubt its stock I've never seen one and its nots shown in the EPC.
Sorry bro. No hard feeling. Just tryin to figure out what the hell it is. Its just odd that i havent seen a supra yet with one on there.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Only pre 89s have them an it is a dampener for the steering just find a aftermarket one. Also my 86, an both of my 88 cars had them.

·
slowest restoration ever
626 Posts
Wow. It's a steering dampener. There's one on my toyota pickup. It prevents jerky steering movements. They help keep rough roads from making your wheels jump all over. Apparently they only came on some models of supra, based on everyones response. I like what it does for the ride quality on my truck, I drove without it and with it, but it may be more noticable with manual steering.

·
Powerful Jedi.....
474 Posts
Steering dampner, only comes on pre 89s.

I removed mine, and it doesn't make a bit of difference. But if you really need one, only place to get it is Toyota. No one makes a replacement for it.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well if you guys say that its not that big of a deal wether its on or off then i will leave it off. Plus all the 89+ supras are running without them why would it make a difference.

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
just get the replacement... toyota put it in there for a reason in the first place... they probably deleted it in the later years when they found out that they could save 5 dollars per supra manufactured...

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
OUCH!

yeah it's to smooth out the feel at higher speeds

i bet if you brought that to a parts store or measured it eye to eye you can find a replacement for 15-45 at a parts store..

best of luck .

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well my uncle owns an autobody shop so i get parts for what he pays for. So i think ill just have him order me up one tomorrow along with some other stuff. In the online manual is that the part number the (91511-61040)?

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
I'd leave it out, you'll feel the road thru the steering wheel more if its not in there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts