Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heat shield behind the turbo that covers the exhaust manifold, has anyone left that one off without any problems? Searched and couldn't find too much.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
why would you wanna take it off in the first place? for the cool, look at my turbo exhaust housing or what?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Spoolme said:
why would you wanna take it off in the first place? for the cool, look at my turbo exhaust housing or what?
In my opinion it looks a lot better without them on there. If you take them off it will get a lil warmer under the hood but its not going to hurt anything.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoolme said:
yeh exactly because without it, it looks like a show car. NO, I finished building my motor today and realized I left it off. anyway I just finished putting it back on, I want this thing to be as good as I can get it.

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
i took the front one off because the sp61gt would not fit without touching it an d i didn't feel like hacking it to make it fit so i took it off, it does seem to give more heat.

Does anyone notice that it seems to be louder?

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
i have been running without the front one and with a turbo blanket for some time now with no ill effects. that said, when i had my blanket off my stock ic pipes got extremely hot to the point they started to melt some on the inside for some reason. {shrug} your call

·
Registered
106 Posts
i havent had mine on for about a week, not because it looks 'cool' but because the damn thing doesnt fit with a ddp on there. i gotta hammer the back end out and make it fit. havent noticed much of a difference but i am paranoid about my o2 sensor wires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.