Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Building, Not Dismantling
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna do a little more to my car (adjust clutch), and I'm gonna try out a little track time, to see what my car is made of. I will probably get my wings in Mobile, and move to Atmore's 1/4 mile after I learn to launch on a track. Are there any of you guys at either track? Sure would be nicve if I had a supra freind there.

Scott

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,

Glad to see somebody here is in Mobile. I'm gonna try to make it out this Friday, but I bet it will be next week. I got my clutch adjusted, and took it out to see if it was gonna slip anymore. It ran great, and pedal was right where I wanted it first try, but I promptly blew a line off my wastegate, so I gotta get that took care of.

Shoot me a PM, and tell me what I need to know about the Mobile track (never been). I need to know times, price, where to go, and anything else that may be helpful to a first timer. Maybe I should just come watch my first time, or watch a while before I do anything.

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well tonight is the night for my inexperienced old ass to make my first ever run through the 1/8 mile with my heavy slow almost stock 90 turbo. Maybe I'll line up beside a beast of a track car, and it won't be too embarrasing to get beat. I'd hate to line up against something I should beat, and experience make me look bad. I'm running strictly for times, and a starting point to encourage me to do something else to the car.

·
Registered
454 Posts
hopin we still get to go out there tonight the sky is pretty dark right now but it doesn't seem to bad at the moment at least so we'll see. I am gonna call the track at about 6 and see if they are still running tonight and I will send you a pm

·
Registered
454 Posts
well just got off the phone with the track and they said they are gonna run tonight so we will be going tonight and I look forward to finally haveing another supra there.

bill

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm no longer a virgin.........that's the good part!

I did just about what I expected, maybe a little slower. I just can't be satisfied with my results. I ran 2 runs, both pretty close to each other in times. Both runs, my car kinda choked coming out of first/into second, andthat killed my times a little. Anyway here goes...............

r/t..............+.1008
60 ft...........2.8951
330 ft.........7.5812
1/8th mile...10.596
mph............66.67

our track is 60ft short of a true 1/8th, and I did 9.9211 on it, the rest ofthe 1/8th is projected.

I will screw with few things & try once more.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
another mobile owner

well maybe not living in mobile , but Daphne , and the car is in fact living in mobile in a shop , where its been sitting for almost two years collecting dust , i just got married two weeks ago and swore to myself that i was going to make time to put it back together , ... we will see if it ever happens ... hit me up some time , am usually on the boards reading and trying to buy new stuff to store... .Terry

93.5 tt hardtop
6spd , from stock twins,
to single hks to4
to twin hks 2835s not yet installed but eagerly awaitingll
my avatar says im 27 i believe for some unknown reason , but im
actually 34/

·
95 6spd sp63'd from hell!
438 Posts
Hey terry long time since we've talked. Congrats on getting married. I can't wait to see the twins on the supra.

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya'll come on out to the track on Friday. Last week it was me and Bill. This week it will be me and my MKIII, and Jim from Satsuma with his MKIII, and hopefully Bill with his MKIV. Spread the word, and we will have weekly Supra gatherings at the track. I have never seen anybody else from Mobile with an MKIII on these forums

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey terry I remember your beautiful car from a long time ago I have the black mkiv that had the blown turbo seals at the time. I got all that takin care of now and hopefully I will have my car back together in time to drive it to the track but I won't be able to make any passes this weekend. I ran into a bit of trouble getting everything here on time so I havea busy day ahead tomorrow, So we'll see, I should hopefully be out there though.

Bill

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
track

went to the track kinda late last night , got there pretty late , a bunch of standing around , shit kept breaking , will be going back next saturday , supposed to be some good racing going on, .... maybe we will see you guys then , Terry

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Terry, sounds like you were definitely at the same teack I was at. Did you see my one run around 10:30. My car was not quite running right, but I did run faster than last week. I did run 9.79. Can't wait to see what it will run when all goes well. I wanted to try to do a little more to it, and run again, but they just couldn't keep things rolling, so I went home.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I will hopefully be out there friday I wasn't able to get my car back together in time for this week, but I did get it together and go for a test drive last night and it seems to be doing great, congrats on the good run scott I will be there this week.

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Terry, Ya, I left right about 11:15

Bill, we missed you. My time was better, but was only boosting 4lbs. Changed a couple of parts before hand, and lost my bog, but did something to lose boost. That could be why my bog went away. Whatever I did gave me a lot more low end (I spun all the way through first), lost my bog, and lost some boost. I tried to work on it this morning, but rain chased me in. I can't wait to see what I will run when all goes well. Any advise on how to fid a boost leak????

Scott

·
Registered
915 Posts
just to clear things up atmore is a true 1/8th mile not a 1/4 as stated above..and TTbaltic blue when you going to sell me that supra? i just ordered my turbo kit for the SR today..should be laying down around 550WHP here soon..lol and just incase i am not signed in this is Richard (lownismo17)

·
95 6spd sp63'd from hell!
438 Posts
LowNismo17 said:
just to clear things up atmore is a true 1/8th mile not a 1/4 as stated above..and TTbaltic blue when you going to sell me that supra? i just ordered my turbo kit for the SR today..should be laying down around 550WHP here soon..lol and just incase i am not signed in this is Richard (lownismo17)
Not for sale atm lol How ya been? 550's aye? Sounds nice.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts