Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for somebody that knows how to wire up the starter, alt,dash connectors and the junction block #2.. Im pretty sure that i have everything wright, i just want to go over it with somebody that has doen it on a pre 89 mkiii. Or i guess antbody that knows how to help..

Also there are a couple of grounds that i have some questions about!

The one on the block goes to the neg batt cable right?? There is also a couple of grounds that are attached to my tranny, were do thoses go?

There is a lot of wires that were for the ECT (wich is the auto tranny ecu right?)

I want top get rid of all of the unneccessary wires that i can..

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
259 Posts
ranger2339 said:
The one on the block goes to the neg batt cable right?? There is also a couple of grounds that are attached to my tranny, were do thoses go?

Thanks
Josh
No! That goes to the POSITIVE. :)

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
tranny one grounds to a crossmember bolt.the one on the back of the head goes to the firewall.the six awg off the block goes to the negative,but you also need negative to the firewall to complete the system.grounding is important,if you didn't put the ground from the bat to the firewall the car will not start

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
ranger2339 said:
Im looking for somebody that knows how to wire up the starter, alt,dash connectors and the junction block #2.. Im pretty sure that i have everything wright, i just want to go over it with somebody that has doen it on a pre 89 mkiii. Or i guess antbody that knows how to help..

Also there are a couple of grounds that i have some questions about!

There is a lot of wires that were for the ECT (wich is the auto tranny ecu right?)

I want top get rid of all of the unneccessary wires that i can..

Thanks
Josh
Just a quick question... Are you swapping in a 5speed 1JZ into your 88 chassis that was originally an auto? Did you have a full front clip that you are sourcing your 1JZ from? If so, I build jumper harnesses that make your conversion a plug n' play affair. If you're interested please PM me.

- Hams.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys..

I did hook up the grounds right then, thanks!!

I did have an 88 auto, now i have an 1jz with the 1jz tranny..

Hams im very interested in the harness.. Ill pm you.. It will save me allot of heart ace and time..

Thanks

Josh

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What wire do you hook up to the starter? Is it the white one comming of the #2 junction block, that is a big phat one that splices of into 2?

Josh

·
Registered
562 Posts
man it sounds like you are making this a ton more complicated then it actually is. I hope you have the electrical manuals because it sounds like you are coming at this from the wrong angle. Then of course you have the opportunist that will take your money and you will have learned nothing. Figure it out and do it yourself.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya, im going to do it all myself.. I just wanted to be 100% positive about what im doing.

I have an 88 TSRM but im not that good at reading it yet..Im teaching myself as i go.. Im not 100% confident that all of my wireing is good, so thats why i poke around here with some questions..

I just want to get this thing started.. Im going to fire her up today..

Josh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts