Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard all the problems were solved but haven't seen/heard much about the new 70gtq ! Its seems to be the same wheel in the T51R (KAI) so maybe it is fixed ? Can anyone chime in with experience and dyno sheets from the new 70 gtq , there has to be some middle ground between the 67gtq and the 71 gtq , is this it , someone please let us know or better yet show us please !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe someone with a T51R KAI can chime in because that is a 70.3mm GT wheel which should be the same Garrett GT wheel used in the 70gtq ?
 

·
Mid-life Realization!
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 runs a 70mm I believe. I think it is a GTR70, not sure how that relates to a 70gtq, but you might contact him.

Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wasn't there some questions as to what the R meant in his turbo label, I think he got it from induction motorsports and they called it R but didn't actually mean it was a R trimed wheel ! Hopefully he can chime in and let us know/clarify questions about the turbo, seems to have enough interest ! Most of us always want real world results ! Maybe some HKS KAI users can say something about their experience with the 70mm GT wheel and its proven potential , spool , power , torque etc. etc. ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Why do you seek for something smaller than the 71? The 74 feels like a 71, just that the power feels like it comes on smoother and harder on the top end rather than the violent way boost came on with the 67.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because I am a big fan of spool , but also looking for 650ish rwhp through a built toyota auto tranny !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
pass1914 said:
Because I am a big fan of spool , but also looking for 650ish rwhp through a built toyota auto tranny !
Like I said, the 71 and the 67 spool damn similarly. And if you want 650 a 67-GTQ will definitely get you there.
 

·
Just an old Redneck
Joined
·
2,550 Posts
pass1914 said:
Heard all the problems were solved but haven't seen/heard much about the new 70gtq ! Its seems to be the same wheel in the T51R (KAI) so maybe it is fixed ? Can anyone chime in with experience and dyno sheets from the new 70 gtq , there has to be some middle ground between the 67gtq and the 71 gtq , is this it , someone please let us know or better yet show us please !
John
You need to find a happy place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there any place I can safely do some research ! I just wanna " Get'er Done !" That would be my happy place ! Don't you have something you can go PURGE !!!!!
 

·
SupraForums Sponsor
Joined
·
4,068 Posts
I have a GTR70 turbo that I bought from Jeff at Induction Motorsports in Omaha, Nebraska. I haven't dynoed the car yet, but I do race the car quite a bit and drive the car around a lot on the weekends.:)

Stock Intake Manifold
Stock Bottom End
Greddy 4-row FMIC
Stock Head
Stock Valvetrain
HKS 264 Cams
3,670lbs Raceweight

Hope this helps you out at least a little bit on making your turbo decision.:)

Here is my timeslip from here in Kansas City using 30lbs of boost:

 

·
SupraForums Sponsor
Joined
·
4,068 Posts
phorcefed00 said:
Tony, how high do you rev your car when you make passes down the strip?
I am just starting to get used to the raised rev limiter...7,600rpm from 1st to 2nd, 7,450rpm from 2nd to 3rd and 7,350rpm from 3rd to 4th on that particular pass. Most of the time I shift at around 7,000rpm and such, but this time I revved it out more and am getting used to the sound it makes at the higher rpm's.:)

On that pass though I actually let out just before I went through the traps on the 10.05 pass just because I thought I was going to hit my rev limiter in 4th...the tach was approaching 7,900rpm, but I didn't realize the tach was so far off in that range...I only got to 7,450 or so going by the logs. I actually do remember letting out on the end of that run, but the logs show it as well.;) I bet the gain would have been very small though even if I would have stayed into it since it wasn't really that far at all from the finish line.

If you ever look at the video you will now know why I happen to hit the brakes right when the finish light went off.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:
I am just starting to get used to the raised rev limiter...7,600rpm from 1st to 2nd, 7,450rpm from 2nd to 3rd and 7,350rpm from 3rd to 4th on that particular pass. Most of the time I shift at around 7,000rpm and such, but this time I revved it out more and am getting used to the sound it makes at the higher rpm's.:)

On that pass though I actually let out just before I went through the traps on the 10.05 pass just because I thought I was going to hit my rev limiter in 4th...the tach was approaching 7,900rpm, but I didn't realize the tach was so far off in that range...I only got to 7,450 or so going by the logs. I actually do remember letting out on the end of that run, but the logs show it as well.;) I bet the gain would have been very small though even if I would have stayed into it since it wasn't really that far at all from the finish line.

If you ever look at the video you will now know why I happen to hit the brakes right when the finish light went off.:)
Nice runs at KCIR Tony, nearly 9 seconds!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top