Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any body is going to be in VIR for the Rolex weekend. I am here driving for Fountain Motorsports again in their ST BMW for the Cup race. It should be an interesting weekend, today was hot as hell and they are calling for thunderstorms tommorow for practice day. Scattered for the race. Doing my anti-rain dance!!!! Hope to meet some of the road race guys.

Sam

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
yup

i was there

the cup race was insane... wtf 100 cars.... wtf rain.... wtf 12 green flag laps in 2.5 hours.. wtf... crashes....

wtf first 4 cars overall DQed...... wtf David murry wins.. yay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a mess, we had a good car(after the new motor and suspension tweaks).....but.....kinda hard to race under caution, let alone the abortion of qualifying. I can't wait to see the Speed coverage. What are the going to show????!!!!

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
i guess all the crazy crashes.. and the good racing everyone did at the end....

and then the DQ'd people...

ha

·
Registered
857 Posts
leh, how did you do in the race they televised this weekend?

I tried to watch the whole thing... seems you had some good little tit-for-tats with pobst..

n

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Leh

I see you had it in 5th (GT class) in the begining. I wish they would show the GT's more instead of the DP's all the time. What's up with those GTO's do they have an advantage over you at all?

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
YO

yea David ran the qualifyign race.. and had a OFF...

so i started 15th.. worked my way up to 2nd at one point.. but a SOLID 5th...

the car isnt lasting very long with tires.. and we still have power issues...

the COOL SUIT and the DRINK BOTTLE broke on the 2nd lap... so i was BAKING in side there... i drove for 1 hour and 40 minutes... i thought i had a good run for what i had working for me...

passed 6 cars on the first lap... which was fun..

we are working on getting more power... got some headers... also got a new motor being built by porsche rite now...

i WONT have it for the next 2 races tho... which sucks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts