Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my 4 day Grand Prix class book from Sept 14-17. I was just wondering if anyone had taken any classes there and give any feedback? Was it worth the money and did you learn ALOT? I figured I would take the class before my supra gets done being built so I don't kill myself, LOL!

· WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
9,209 Posts
I take it you're referring to Firebird Raceway? I too was curious about it.

· JPJ Studios
105 Posts
If you're in the full 4 day course, IT'S AMAZING!!! The trainers at Bondurant are some of the best in the biz! When I use to work as a Nissan Test Driver at the track in Maricopa, we would always hire the Bondurant guys to come do our top speed tests that were over 165mph. We were ok up to that point, but most of us didn't like taking prototype vehicles above that speed lol. We got to have a few "fun" sessions with them on the road courses as well....let's just say they made us look bad on our home turf lol. Anywho, enjoy it, it's gonna be a great learning experience for you!

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank VERy much for that it makes me feel alot better about spending the 6G's after flight/hotel/rental car and of course the class. Where in Maricopa is the Nissan track? I have a house there and lived there for two years and never heard anything about that, LOL.

· Registered
102 Posts
I took the 4 day GP class and absolutely loved it. The instructors are very helpful and there is a fairly good ratio (student to teacher). I took it over 8 years ago though, but I would imagine its much better with the corvettes and not the mustangs. You'll have a blast. The last day in the formula fords was incredible.

· JPJ Studios
105 Posts
Thank VERy much for that it makes me feel alot better about spending the 6G's after flight/hotel/rental car and of course the class. Where in Maricopa is the Nissan track? I have a house there and lived there for two years and never heard anything about that, LOL.
Right next to John Wayne's property out in the middle of the farm lands. If you take highway 347 South to Casa Grand/ Maricopa highway ( the one that parallels the train tracks and cattle feed lots), go east about 6 miles. Turn south on White & Parker Rd, and go another 6 miles or so. You should see a few signs along the way for NTCNA. You won't be able to see much from the road (obviously), but you can see a bit of the oval.

Also, the VW (Audi, VW, Lambo, etc) track is another few miles east on Casa Grande/ Maricopa Highway....

Living in Maricopa, you should see TONS of test vehicles from both companies.

· JPJ Studios
105 Posts
That explains why I ALWAYS saw bently's with odd exhausts (sticking out like 4 inches) and some other cars. Damn I wish I knew that, but I'll be moving back next april.
LOL yeah that would be why. You'd be surprised how much prototype vehicles are just pieced together lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.