Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know... but i'm sure you all have thought about it....

You just can't help it when you see those prices, you just get a little curious....
Soooo.... has anyone purchased any Ebay BOV Specials???

If so, give a review... worth it? Not worth it? quality? or lack of???

Just curious

david

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I don't know how much a ebay one is but a HKS one is what...$200? I'd rather have a BOV that I know will hold and not leak like some of the Blitz ones (IIRC). You get what you pay for. Now if it was something like a manifold, ok, taking a chance might save you a whole lotta money so you might have wanted to do hw on how well those hold on. For something $100-200...it's almost no different than someone asking if putting cheaper gas into the car is worth it. Save $1-2 per fill-up? Not worth it.

·
67mm soon
113 Posts
ebay companies use low quality material that why they sell them so cheap. one of the car mag's had a whole write up about it. not worth the hassle.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
THE_ARTIST_ said:
ebay companies use low quality material that why they sell them so cheap. one of the car mag's had a whole write up about it. not worth the hassle.

Most car mags do tons of research and are unbiased :rolleyes:

As for ebay brand parts... I know some guys locally who run them with NO problems on other platforms (no supra). Would I? Depends on the part. IC.. yes. Anything else... no.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is true that Magazines are biased.... that's just the business...

Thanks for the feedback

·
Fineline Performance
787 Posts
s14roller said:
I don't know how much a ebay one is but a HKS one is what...$200? I'd rather have a BOV that I know will hold and not leak like some of the Blitz ones (IIRC). You get what you pay for. Now if it was something like a manifold, ok, taking a chance might save you a whole lotta money so you might have wanted to do hw on how well those hold on. For something $100-200...it's almost no different than someone asking if putting cheaper gas into the car is worth it. Save $1-2 per fill-up? Not worth it.

I agree with him!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.