Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took my car to the Dyno tonight to do some logging for my AEM tuner and my laptop decided it did not like being stuck in the hatch all day and it dies so I could not do any logging at all :urowned:

So that was a $100.00 down the tubes!

Anyways I would like your input on my results, here are the stats.

BL67 with fuel
Stock cams
AEM
3200pi single disc stall convertor
Makro Tranny
HKS carbon ti

Run conditions:

93 octane
Boost 17.5psi
Convertor unlocked
87 degrees and humid
A/F under under boost was 12.0 - 12.2
8 to 9 degrees of timing!! (this is a test tune to just verify A/F with FYI)
SAE 1.01
Runs went to about 6400rpm

Peak HP - 397 @ 6400rpm
Peak TQ - 338 @ 5800rpm

Any comments and or advice? It obviously needs more timing but the #s do seem sort of low to me <shrug> Funny thing though it feels pretty damn good on the street :scratch:

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
definitely timing, 9 degrees is nothing at 17lbs. I wouldn't be surprised if you gain 100+hp from timiing.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Vobra I have 512whp at 17.4lbs on pump gas with a 61mm turbo not sure of the timing but i think it is conservative.

What is a good amount of timing for peak tq at 17-18lbs?and also what is a acceptable amount of timing later in the high rpm range? 16-17 degrees?

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ama0787 said:
Vobra I have 512whp at 17.4lbs on pump gas with a 61mm turbo not sure of the timing but i think it is conservative.

What is a good amount of timing for peak tq at 17-18lbs?and also what is a acceptable amount of timing later in the high rpm range? 16-17 degrees?
Do you have an automatic?

I have another timing map but I am a little paranoid about using it to be honest. My tuner is doing his best via email to get the car going and making power but my laptop problems are causing me LOTS of grief. I also do not have anyone close that I can take the car to for AEM tuning. I am doing my best with it and learning more and more each day but I know my limits and can not afford to blow this thing up with the $$$$$ I already have in it.

I would be happy to post the timing map that I MAY use until I can get the proper logs for my tuner. I am so JONESING to feel 500whp again but I have to be cautious about what I am doing. I already sent this timing table to another board member for review and he says that it is still very conservative.

I think that I really need to be pataint at this point :tear:

Bob

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
Bob,

I have a 6 speed. I can get you my timming map if you want it was made by a very good tuner. I have been told it is very conservative and wonder about bumping it up a degree or two but I did reach my goal of 500 on pump so I probaly shouldnt get greedy.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I dont understand the 28psi row in the upper rpms you have the timing raised right there..probaly where someone was trying to squeeze out the last bit of hp out of thier car at 28lkbs you did say you didnt kame the map right?....I will email you mine asap I hopefully will give it to you tomorrow

How do you like the 67 compared to your old turbo? I believe it was a 58? Your old car was one of my motivating factors in going with a small turbo

·
Boost Junkie
12,688 Posts
At 18psi on the stock trans, stock converter, stock MAF with an afc for tuning, I put down 482whp with a 63-a/f in the low 11s. I'd say add timing like everyone else said and see what happens. I'd guess you are at least 80-90whp short of where you should be since you have a larger turbo.

Best of luck next time out.

Steve K.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ama0787 said:
I dont understand the 28psi row in the upper rpms you have the timing raised right there..probaly where someone was trying to squeeze out the last bit of hp out of thier car at 28lkbs you did say you didnt kame the map right?....I will email you mine asap I hopefully will give it to you tomorrow

How do you like the 67 compared to your old turbo? I believe it was a 58? Your old car was one of my motivating factors in going with a small turbo

I had the SP57 on my old car and made 530rwhp on stock fuel but the car was six speed. This car feels much faster then my my old car for some reason :scratch: I would assume that the automatic and the stall are giving me that impression. Driving them both I much more prefer the 67 at this time, The SP57 hit so hard and so fast it was hard to control. This turbo seems to be much smoother with its power curve but I have not really driven it all that much.

The timing map I posted was the original map that was on the car when I got it, If my laptop will stay running I am going to load this timing table and see what happens.

Thanks for the help!!

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts