Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be chilling here working for most of the summer so I just wanted to let you guys know to contact me if you're gonna be coming by even for a short time. Would be cool to get to know some of my fellow Supraforums members. It would be even better to see some dawgs on the island! This place seriously lacks nice cars. I've only seen 1 STi :stickpoke

Anyway, just let me know! It's a beautiful place to visit!

-Aaron

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Do you have your Supra there with you?

I love MV, at least the less crowded areas away from the Southbeach/Edgartown crowds, and I've always wanted to drive around there in my Supra. I spent many summers there but not in the last ten years since I've remarried. I know I can't go this summer ...already too booked up... but I plan to take the family there next summer for a couple week stay. I want to get a shot of the Supra on that little ferry that goes over to Chappaquiddick.

Around what area are you staying?

I used to stay in a little bungalow/"camp" cottage on Herring Creek Rd. right on the water at Tashmoo Pond outside of Vineyard Haven. Very peaceful ...but no way you could get a Supra down that dirt road. I wonder if that dirt road is even still there ...I hate development.

G

·
I would be out there, however the wonderfully "snotty" rich folk won't let any "go-fast" boats fuel up or even moor there, so I can't bring my outerlimits out. However if you happen to go to block island or any place on long island, new port, etc. I'll be all around, just look for the 42' Outerlimits named "MadHatter" and it'll be me :)

Fucking bullshit noise ordanance...

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nick 95 6sp said:
Do you have your Supra there with you?

I love MV, at least the less crowded areas away from the Southbeach/Edgartown crowds, and I've always wanted to drive around there in my Supra. I spent many summers there but not in the last ten years since I've remarried. I know I can't go this summer ...already too booked up... but I plan to take the family there next summer for a couple week stay. I want to get a shot of the Supra on that little ferry that goes over to Chappaquiddick.

Around what area are you staying?

I used to stay in a little bungalow/"camp" cottage on Herring Creek Rd. right on the water at Tashmoo Pond outside of Vineyard Haven. Very peaceful ...but no way you could get a Supra down that dirt road. I wonder if that dirt road is even still there ...I hate development.
I actually drive an accord because I'm a student who can't really afford to maintain an MKIV just yet. But after my fourth year I will be purchasing one :)

I'm actually around the "crowded areas of south beach and Edgartown" haha. I'm at the corner of Herring Creek and Crocker drive down in Katama. I'm basically right beside the airfield and 2 miles away from the beach. It's actually very quiet here.

Sadly I will be studying in Japan next year and probably next summer but if I'm not I'll be sure to give you a shout. You should definitely take your family here, it just doesn't get any more relaxing.

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rocked said:
I would be out there, however the wonderfully "snotty" rich folk won't let any "go-fast" boats fuel up or even moor there, so I can't bring my outerlimits out. However if you happen to go to block island or any place on long island, new port, etc. I'll be all around, just look for the 42' Outerlimits named "MadHatter" and it'll be me :)

Fucking bullshit noise ordanance...
:lol:

as Nick mentioned, this place is supposed to be a place to get away from all the craziness, but it is a shame you can't bring your boat around. I wasn't even aware of the restrictions :( Sorry bro

·
Registered
805 Posts
i may be there during late summer early fall - i'm told not to bring th mkiv becuase the ferry will eat her up - if i go, i'll prolly end up driving the typhoon or a pimper ride.. :)

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JQUEST2 said:
i may be there during late summer early fall - i'm told not to bring th mkiv becuase the ferry will eat her up - if i go, i'll prolly end up driving the typhoon or a pimper ride.. :)
You make a very good point. The island isn't too MKIV friendly, but if you were able to get her on the ferry there could be some very fun times to be had on the quiet windy Vineyard roads :D

·
0 to gas station in 5 sec
1,012 Posts
I was out there last summer in my old mk3. I'll be going out again around july 10th, taking the daily driver this time, don't want to risk it on my new supra.

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JonoTurbo said:
I was out there last summer in my old mk3. I'll be going out again around july 10th, taking the daily driver this time, don't want to risk it on my new supra.
The dirt roads are killer. It would be fun to have an Evo or STi on the island though.

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aaron M said:
heh.. ive heard a lot about this place.. so whats it like?
weather is not too hot right now. Very mild, but it gets really nice. Beaches everywhere. Population booms by about 10 fold in the summertime and all the stores open up. College kids, ice cream, celebrities, volleyball, pizza, rest and relaxation. It's just a really great place to get away for a while and it's also a really good place to land a summer job and meet people.

Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I like Jersey shore too, but MV is a lot more diverse and interesting. Many beach areas all with a little different character, some beaches with crowds like around Edgartown and you can stroll thru Edgartown in the evening and look in all the shops along the little streets ...sort of like boardwalk but again I think more diverse and interesting, some beaches are more remote and much less crowded, all sorts of terrain, beautiful salt ponds near the shore in many places, cliffs along one corner at the Gay Head beach area, gorgeous surf out on Chappaquiddick beach take the little ferry there and explore that area, inland ponds and fields of flowers, little towns here and there each different and with something else to interest the explorer. If you google Martha's Vineyard and look around, you'll get an idea what it's like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts