Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

12,697 Posts
kbprice said:
I converted... :lol:
TO bring this thread back. I'm thinking of converting too. I'm getting a 94 Supra OBDI NA auto ECU. Will that work?

Also I talked to Kirk #2 (lol), he said that there is 2 wires you cut or something? And that's it. I don't have to mess with the MAF harness because I have a VPC.

So Kirk #1 (kbprice), can you tell me which wires I cut/splice or whatever? Or can you tell me step by step what I need to do?

Lastly, going to an OBDI will get rid of that open loop/closed loop shit right? OBDI NA's are always in open loop?

12,697 Posts
I have an fmax exhaust manifold. There seems to be two o2 sensors in there. I guess that means I have 2 fronts sensors and one rear sensor. Would I still just splice 47 and 48 together? Also I installed an OBDII fooler, should I get rid of it and rewire the o2 together (the mp one).

Lastly, I have a vpc, can I just leave the resistor where it is and keep the OBDII maf plug?

12,697 Posts
OK, I have the OBDI ECU in hand and also the MKIII chip so I'm ready to rock.

This is mainly for Kirk (black Supra) as he's running the vpc like me.

----------

1. Is this how the wirings should go? I wanna be positively sure before I cut and shit:

2. Did you even change the maf plug? I don't think you did, but just asking. In that case, is this how you have the resistor installed?

1 - 5 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.