Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides kbprice, anyone else done this? I talked to kbprice on the phone for a couple of minutes about this, and since I am not using the MAF then I figured I could get this done by splicing the wires from the ECU side that he was talking about, and using the stock OBD2 MAF plug (since I dont be using a MAF period - VPC) and run the resistor on the plug like normal... I dont see why it wouldnt work but maybe someone else here has tried it? I know its probably not something common but its worth a shot. Thanks

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats funny is that kbprice and i live in tampa, both of our names are kirk, and both of us own 96 NA 5SP supras....... :lol: anyways... I just need to know if anyone else has done this like me

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
afr0den said:
sorry man...it is pretty hard to understand what you have wrote...
i was drunk last night when i typed that :freak:

But I am sure whoever reads this and has done it before will know what I mean.... :)

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kbprice said:
Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you fuck up your car trying to do this conversion!
:lol:

I converted my car to OBD1 from just looking at his and my car runs flawlessly! you will install the VPC resistor on the same wire colors... dont touch the MAF plug if you are going OBD1/OBD2 and have a VPC... just run the resistor between 2 + 3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.