Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hear that there is a way to input a service code to the n2 to watch video while driving.anyone own a new pioneer n2 and figure it out.?i also hear once the service code is put in it will void the warranty and it cant be reversed.

·
TC Motorsports
404 Posts
It has nothign to do with a code, you need to cut and rewire the line that runs to your emergency brake so it does not have that stupid disclaimer when the emergency brake is down. You can hook it to a switch so if you get pulled over you can flip the switch and it will revert back to the disclaimer, at leat this is what I have heard. :)

·
Search
3,305 Posts
the n2 doesn' toperate like that :)

its like the n1 but has many more dynamics like speed... if the car's moving, no video... as far as i know

·
Registered
643 Posts
how dopes it get those readings?

by you hooking up the necessessary wires to the necessessary parts.

Im sure you can get around it easily w/o putting in some 'access code'

scan the wiring diagram and post it. someone on here could help you

·
Search
3,305 Posts
my guess would be the same way its gets the gps readings.

I will look up some info and make sure i'm right, i could be wrong, but i dont' think so

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think that it is a great idea that it disables playing. There's already enough stuff to distract you from DRIVING in cars as it is. I can see it now
"Damn, look at the tits on this broad in the video!!!"
*BANG*
You should be looking at the road/other cars, when you drive, not videos

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
haha so when you want to watch a movie your supposed to go outside..hook the battery charger up..and watch it while your parked, instead of watching it on your big screen?

Its a show factor genius.
Not many people actually watch the movie while theyre driving. Its just the idea of being able to play the movie.
Maybe the passenger wants to watch it?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
with this new avic n2 what is the sequence to get the thing to play dvds when parked?

That is what we need to know first before trying to come up with a way to get around it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
the avic outta be able to play on the rear tv output while driving, if you don't have rear screens, loop that into the aux input and you might be able to do it that way?? or will it not show ANY video while in motion? On mine, it will allow you to view the reverse camera and the AUX a/v inputs while in motion.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
pane2k said:
haha so when you want to watch a movie your supposed to go outside..hook the battery charger up..and watch it while your parked, instead of watching it on your big screen?

Its a show factor genius.
Not many people actually watch the movie while theyre driving. Its just the idea of being able to play the movie.
Maybe the passenger wants to watch it?
Then put a screen on the passenger side dash or visor, genius :rolleyes: And it works fine if the car is parked with the handbrake up. It's a car, not a rolling living room.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yeah the new avic is stupid, its got a motion sensor built in. Screw the pioneer go get an alpine or eclipse.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
BoostedAzn said:
Yeah the new avic is stupid, its got a motion sensor built in. Screw the pioneer go get an alpine or eclipse.
Beyond that, I actually thought it had a gyroscope built in, so if you go above like 5mph, it shuts off. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If there was a gyroscope then you could essentially pull the unit apart and disable the gyroscope or whatever motion device they used to detect it. Its a stupid design because what if you didn't mount it in your dash. You could have bought it for an RV or a limo and now you're screwed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts