Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the guys launching on the T-brake. Have you destroyed a stock TT auto Diff? If so what do you suspect was the cause?

I plan on going to the track on Wed and using the t-brake for the first time. I have the 2 step set up right now @4k and 17psi. I am thinking that I will need more rpm and boost to get off the line to a decent 60'. BTW I am running Hoosier quick time pro's 27x11.50-15.

Thanks
Lawrence

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Usually you don't two step an auto but.......................If you preload the drivetrain you should not hurt it even the slightest. I leave the line on 18psi and a 100shot on a dern MKIII rear end in a full weight car and it has held up (knocks on wood) to 3 dozen passes or so.

If you leave" slop" then you can tear it up with a quickness.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Usually you don't two step an auto but.......................If you preload the drivetrain you should not hurt it even the slightest. I leave the line on 18psi and a 100shot on a dern MKIII rear end in a full weight car and it has held up (knocks on wood) to 3 dozen passes or so.

Basicly what he said, just make sure everything is tight when you leave, if you feel the car shift back even ever so slightly while on the brake don't launch, you will grenade it.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I am using the 2 step in the AEM. I have the VSS set up for 5mph. I am not pulling any timing. I basically just use it to hold the car at 4k and 17psi. Without it, it would go to around 6k and 28psi.

Basicly what he said, just make sure everything is tight when you leave, if you feel the car shift back even ever so slightly while on the brake don't launch, you will grenade it.
Thanks for the explanation guys!! I have read that you definately want to pre-load on the t-brake. I have practiced it a few times in the parking lot at work. Just takes some getting used to. Letting off the button and brake pedal at the same time for some reason doesnt feel normal, but I'm sure I will get it down.

I have destroyed a few auto diffs on my old 6-speed supra. But those were on street tires or DR's. I am hoping the Hoosier QTP will be a little more forgiving.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ive launched about 20 times of a trans brake and ET Streets on my rear end and its still holding together just fine. I launch it around 4000 rpms which is where my stall is at. Im sure it will go sooner or later but its doing good so far......

·
Registered
253 Posts
Broke the center section right in half perfectly w/ 28x11.5 et streets at englishtown. Swapped for a trd unit and have had no problems.

shawn cassady

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have broken 2 of them, i usually try to preload the drivetrain before hand also..I know Boostlogic popped one against me at SILV 2008 as well..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts