Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kinda 1/4 mile and trap speeds i can be looking at on a 6sp 420 rwhp car should or can pull... thanx Kevin..

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
ET is up to the driver, track and tires. Trap speed is a better indicator of power.

My BPU + FMIC went 119.7, 425rwhp.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chip, what track did you do 119.xx at? Im trying to figure my power, can't wait to hit the dyno next month. Im hoping to hit 420 on boost, and then maybe a funny gas pull!

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
deavenly1 said:
Chip, what track did you do 119.xx at? Im trying to figure my power, can't wait to hit the dyno next month. Im hoping to hit 420 on boost, and then maybe a funny gas pull!
Mike, that was at Fontana a couple weeks ago. I think it might have another mph at a sea level track (Fontana is ~1200 feet).

I can't wait to see what your car does on spray, 500+???

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone have a timeslip with et, just wonder about possible et what kind of tires and 60 ft... thanx..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Na, I don't think I will hit 500 hp. It would be nice but I don't think It will happen, more like 470ish, Remember I am auto, drivetrain loss 20% or something like that.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
My car trapped consistant 117.5's at high 12's w/ stock tranny and convertor @ 17psi, and then consistant 116.5's at low 12's w/ the 2800 stall and 17psi. More boost, equals higher traps and more more HP.

Chip, I thought I saw you this morning on the freeway.

I saw a red Supra with Super Dragger, stock rims, and a Washington plate. (you have one right, or am I crazy)

But I got up to the side of him (he was a couple of lanes over) and it was some guy in his mid-late 20's.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
RSA Supra said:

Chip, I thought I saw you this morning on the freeway.

I saw a red Supra with Super Dragger, stock rims, and a Washington plate. (you have one right, or am I crazy)

But I got up to the side of him (he was a couple of lanes over) and it was some guy in his mid-late 20's.
Not me. :)

Mine is red, chrome stockers Greddy FMIC and old style TRD exhaust, plus Cali plates.

And I'm just a *bit* past my late 20's. :blue:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dynoed 424hp with 110 octane with boost set at 1.3 bar. I tried the BFG drag radials for my first time and on my 3rd pass i hit [email protected] with a 1.9 60ft:mad:

Thats been my goal for the longest and i finally done it. BPU no fmic, no afc, no vpc...... Just bpu and 11 sec car im a happy mofo:D

·
1,522 Posts
midnightracingTT said:
i dynoed 424hp with 110 octane with boost set at 1.3 bar. I tried the BFG drag radials for my first time and on my 3rd pass i hit [email protected] with a 1.9 60ft:mad:

Thats been my goal for the longest and i finally done it. BPU no fmic, no afc, no vpc...... Just bpu and 11 sec car im a happy mofo:D
:bthumb: Congrats!!! I thought that was you out there at Bithlo last Wednesday. I was at Sonics last night and some guy showed me a video of two black Supras racing on his camera. You ran an 11.9 and the other black mkiv ran a low 12. Was the other Supra Ricky? Also, there was a red and green supra out there also. If I remember correctly the red one ran a 13.3. Who was that? There were also 2 10 second vipers out there.
I have gone to the track week after week and I am almost ALWAYS the only Supra out there and I have never seen a Viper out there. The one time I don't go it is Supra mania. That sucks.
Was the you crusing the lot next to sonics last night. It looked like your car. My car was hidden around some other cars so I guess you didn't see me or you woudn't of stopped. There was also a red Viper cruisin in there last night. I went looking to race him but I couldn't find him.
Anyways. CONGRATS on hitting the 11s!! Are they stricted about not having a roll cage? Can you go back now without one?

Troy
94' Supra 6spd TSO4

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah that was Ricky and myself at bithlo last weds. We had a good time and me FINALLY braking the 11 sec barrier i had a smile from ear to ear all night long.

That was me cruising by sonics last night also i went to syboney speed shop and there were about 7 supras there. I guess u missed it again. Dont feel bad i missed them too by the time i got there they had already left.Some supras from Tampa came down and dynoed their car. Ill be going to dyno the car soon after i get either the s-afc or the fmic see what improvement on hp i get on them. After the shop i was going home so i passed by sonics cause it was in the way there. I would loved to race that viper and put the smack down on him with my stock twins:cool:

Later man and take care.

·
Mechanical Engineer
242 Posts
Hey Midnight, I am bpu with a fmic. I am heading out to the track, hopefully I can pull a mid 12. I have drag radials and was wondering if you could share your launching techinic. What rpm, slip or dump? Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts