570 Posts
according to the vin # its a 97 w/ sport roof. hmm sounds fucked up:

VIN: JT2DD82A9V0039129
Year/Make/Model: 1997 TOYOTA SUPRA W/SPORT RF LTD ED
Body Style: Liftback 3 Dr
Engine Type: 3.0L L6 EFI
Manufactured In: JAPAN
Search Results: 10 records found in our database

IMPORTANT! The 10 records on this 1997 TOYOTA SUPRA W/SPORT RF LTD ED will confirm a clean history or uncover potential problems. Find out by ordering the complete CARFAX Vehicle History Report.

also has 10 records on it. somebody that gets carfax reports should run it for you.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Do you see a sport roof on that car? Also aren't the front bumpers different on 97?

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
its a 97....look at the engine bay, its OBDII

the wheels are the same as the ones that came on my 97. the turn signals, head and tail lights are 97 style as well. also has the Limited Edition badging on the outside and interior.

however, i dont see the targa top and didn't know 97s were available in cloth interior and non premium sound.

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AFM, front splitter, front signals, tail lights, and headlights are all '97 style - but the big kicker is the hard top. All '97 were sport roof, leather, and subwoofer as part of the LE.

My guess is the pictures aren't of the right car, or this is a chop shop Frankenstein...

·
Registered
759 Posts
It's not an SE unless it was *completely* stripped and rebuilt, they didn't come with the little compartment in the back with the flap of fabric (the rear deck fabric was solid), the SE floormats have gold lettering that say Supra SE, the hubcaps, gold emblem package, gold antenna nut, and SE's were all OBDI (different air flow meter).

The only things that point to an SE are the fabric seats (which are in very good condition) and hardtop. . .I know a fair number of people (myself included) that prefer fabric seats to leather and have traded them out. If they were trying to cover up an SE, they did a damned good job.

And possibly a '97. . .it has the , '97-'98 bumper slat, '97-'98 dash (light grey), proper turn signals, headlights and taillights. And the 97-98 passenger side airbag with the "supra" script embossed on it.

Most likely it's '97 hardtop with SE seats.

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, that would actually be a nice car to do an NA-T project with. Someone should jump on it.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Looks like a 97 to me, by the front bumper mainly. What makes you think it would be a 95?

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Another thing, the shifter pole on the 97 is alot taller then the SE's, I've compared with another supra owner in person, throw feels alot longer on his and his pole is way longer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My car is same as this one. It's 97 has same seates no subwoofer OBD II the only difference is that mine is automatic and the color is red.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts