Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im debating taking a trip there when i graduate in a few semesters. i'd probably just hav to rent a 911 or something like that for a week and bust its ass around the 'nurb.

has anyone ever been there, and if so, was it worth all of the $???

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
My friend is there right now. it's snowing though... he's looking for better weather later this month.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
chonch said:
the 'nurb.
trying not to be picky but...

its the 'ring. not the 'nurb.

;):D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Friend of mine's going to a 3 day trackday there some time in the Fall, I think Oct. He's a porsche guy ended up renting a 350z. If you're interested PM me and I'll try and find the details. Think it was 1500USD for the 3 days with instructors but bring-your-own-car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man, i wish i could, but i dont have the $ till i finish my bachelor's degree. i will DEFINITELY go there though.

and i call it the 'nurb cuz im different. you say the ring and people think you're talking about that dumbass movie, lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i spent all the time and $ to go over there, you can bet your ass that I will be driving around it, not just riding around it with some hot-shoe chick in an m5.

you can rent a new 911 for about 1000 for the week, thats probably what i would do.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
If you've never experienced the Ring, it would be advisable to get a ride with some hot "chick" (or some "chick" that does hot laps). The Ring has left many people off on the side, picking up their bits and pieces. The urge to not let yourself get passed by a mere Peugeot might be too tempting.

You really should do this with any new track: Let an experienced driver take you for several hot laps and show you the "secrets" and quirks of the track.

From the sounds of it, you might want to consider this before you ball up a 911.

Regards,
James R

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
I think that only riding shotgun with Sabine must be an eye-opening experience! She's one helluva driver and the Ring is VERY dangerous. I'd be very careful with a 911 around the track.

-Olivier

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
You'd need a co-driver with rally style pace notes to do a good job around there with little experience, and it's so bumpy that I'm sure you'd still have a TON of surprises! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Supra GTR said:
If you've never experienced the Ring, it would be advisable to get a ride with some hot "chick" (or some "chick" that does hot laps). The Ring has left many people off on the side, picking up their bits and pieces. The urge to not let yourself get passed by a mere Peugeot might be too tempting.

You really should do this with any new track: Let an experienced driver take you for several hot laps and show you the "secrets" and quirks of the track.

From the sounds of it, you might want to consider this before you ball up a 911.

Regards,
James R
yeah, of course. i'd probably get a ride with Sabine just to know what a really fast lap feels like. all im saying is that i wouldnt go over there, spend all the time and $, and not even drive myself around the damn thing.

and i've done quite a few road racing track days (and a regular 911 is a SCUMBAG compared to the cars that i am used to plus my daily drivers. the only reason i mentioned it is because it is the only cool car that i have found to rent for a reasonable price that isn't an s2k or a gti or some crap like that). i know not to get out there and go balls to the wall on a track that it totally foreign to me. that is how people put others on the track in danger, and sometimes wad up expensive cars (ive seen it happen more than once). regardless, im a smart enough person to not get out there and push myself beyond my limits on a track that i am not used to - especially when if i wreck the car, i have to pay for it, plus damages to the track.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
chonch said:
yeah, of course. i'd probably get a ride with Sabine just to know what a really fast lap feels like. all im saying is that i wouldnt go over there, spend all the time and $, and not even drive myself around the damn thing.

and i've done quite a few road racing track days (and a regular 911 is a SCUMBAG compared to the cars that i am used to plus my daily drivers. the only reason i mentioned it is because it is the only cool car that i have found to rent for a reasonable price that isn't an s2k or a gti or some crap like that). i know not to get out there and go balls to the wall on a track that it totally foreign to me. that is how people put others on the track in danger, and sometimes wad up expensive cars (ive seen it happen more than once). regardless, im a smart enough person to not get out there and push myself beyond my limits on a track that i am not used to - especially when if i wreck the car, i have to pay for it, plus damages to the track.
Good to know you've got a level head. ;) If you do make it out there, make sure you get pics.

Regards,
James R

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Supra GTR said:
Good to know you've got a level head. ;) If you do make it out there, make sure you get pics.

Regards,
James R
oh definitely! i'll have pics, vids, and whatever else i can think of

1 - 15 of 15 Posts