Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Just completed an ACT pressure plate with an AZ clutch disk install today. My car was grabbing like unbelievable, but then my clutch pedal fell to the floor and the car died. Looks like I blew my clutch slave cylinder. Has anyone else done this after a heavy duty clutch install? My car is a TT with 55,000 miles on it and is a 1994. Any help, thought, suggestions, are GREATLY appreciated. Looks like I have to wait until Monday to order the part from Toyota...:(

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
i haven't blown my cylinder from the az disk. but my disk, RPS pressure plate and stock flywheel got eaten up within 5 days...
so it was a complete loss...

it grabbed reallyhard for the first five days.. then all of a sudden... dead :mad: :rolleyes: :(

·
1,522 Posts
sleeknsilver said:
i haven't blown my cylinder from the az disk. but my disk, RPS pressure plate and stock flywheel got eaten up within 5 days...
so it was a complete loss...

it grabbed reallyhard for the first five days.. then all of a sudden... dead :mad: :rolleyes: :(
Did you break it in?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quick check did you try bleeding the clutch? Sometimes after an install the pistion that releases the clutch fork, gets air in it durring an install. I have had this problem before and bled the clutch pedal from under the car with someone pusing in the clutch and the pedal pressure came back. My pedal was slamed to the floor and had to pull on it to release the clutch. Since then the clutch actually releases better after bleading.

94T78
11.62 @ 121.11 at BPU+
No NOS or VPC

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
boostedsupratt said:

Did you break it in?
i did break it in. first 500 miles i drove lightly and i believe the clutch went at around 700miles or so...:mad:
still can't get over it till this day

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
BrianTT said:
Quick check did you try bleeding the clutch? Sometimes after an install the pistion that releases the clutch fork, gets air in it durring an install. I have had this problem before and bled the clutch pedal from under the car with someone pusing in the clutch and the pedal pressure came back. My pedal was slamed to the floor and had to pull on it to release the clutch. Since then the clutch actually releases better after bleading.

94T78
11.62 @ 121.11 at BPU+
No NOS or VPC
Any tips on doing this? I have the AZ clutch and sometimes it feels like the clucth pedal doesn't spring up all the way... I was thinking about the clutch fluid and bleeding it but honestly I don't know where to start...:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts