Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to know if there is any hp increase on a BPU car with cams. Anyone ever dynoed a BPU car before and after cams?

W

·
0 Posts
Most people jump to 264 cams when going big turbo. But HKS has two sizes smaller: 256s and 248s, I believe. While gains on a stock turbo car would be minimal and peaky, I would bet you might pick up some power. Would be interesting to see from an academic standpoint. I bet with a set of 248s and a mild port/polish head and intake, you would see ~25 rwhp.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Walser said:
Most people jump to 264 cams when going big turbo. But HKS has two sizes smaller: 256s and 248s, I believe. While gains on a stock turbo car would be minimal and peaky, I would bet you might pick up some power. Would be interesting to see from an academic standpoint. I bet with a set of 248s and a mild port/polish head and intake, you would see ~25 rwhp.
What exactly do you mean by a MILD port/polish? What is the cost of the 248's or 256's? Has anyone ever tried those two cams you mentioned in single turbo cars or do they just all go to 264's and 272's immediately? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for the input...it is really appreciated.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts