Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Never fast enough
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would post pictures but I'm doing this from my phone but today my hole pully feel off fron the crank. I heard a loud squeal then the belt fell off. Then I looked at the ground and there was the hole think sitting on the ground. It's the pully with a rubber inside. The rest is still on the car. I'll get pic up if I can.

· stop playin wit mah name
2022 Alpina XB7, 2022 F150
3,801 Posts
I'm assuming this was the stock crank pulley? If so, do a search and you'll see that it's pretty common when you're single or running higher boost. You should upgrade to a BL one, but it's pricey though.

· Never fast enough
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone ever used the obx crank pulleys. I looked up one that Titan uses and it's about 500 bucks shipped and that's a little much right now. There where two of those on eBay. The obx ones are going for about 75 shipped. I know everyone says don't butt stuff on eBay I've seen the threads and don't really want to hear it. Just want to know if anyone has used one of the obx or other brand crank pulleys and if there any good. Thanks for the quick responses and help. I have to get this fixed since it's now sitting at a friends house

· EchoDeDupra
7,159 Posts
Has anyone ever used the obx crank pulleys. I looked up one that Titan uses and it's about 500 bucks shipped and that's a little much right now. There where two of those on eBay. The obx ones are going for about 75 shipped. I know everyone says don't butt stuff on eBay I've seen the threads and don't really want to hear it. Just want to know if anyone has used one of the obx or other brand crank pulleys and if there any good. Thanks for the quick responses and help. I have to get this fixed since it's now sitting at a friends house
Don't buy it.

You need to buy a Boost Logic or ATI/Titan. The OBX is not a harmonically dampened pulley, and could ultimately lead to much more expensive problems down the road. You may think you are saving money, but there is a reason your stock crank pulley is called a 'harmonic balancer.'

If you want to save money, you could always just put on a stock one. But just realize that another stock one could go anytime, and you might not be so lucky. When mine went, it lodged itself in my a/c lines. Other people have had their's get lodged into their radiators. Either way, Boostlogic/Titan > Stock > OBX.

· disfrutando de la vida
695 Posts
you could use it, but... think about this, the factory damper is much beter and it broke, if it was a solid damper you'll be looking at a more expensive repair now. I recomend you get the ATI (same as the TITAN) I believe that summit and jeggs have it a little cheaper. You could also get the fluidamper, about the same price as the ATI.

But.... if money is an issue at this time, you could look for an used factory damper. Again if you get a solid damper you may have worst issues with your motor down the road, and more expesive solutions.....

if it was me I leave the car parked until I get the money and get the ATI/ TITAN damper..

· Registered
497 Posts
Stay away from any kind of solid crank pulley aka obx or anything else ebay! The reason is that if the crank pulley does not have any dampining material (rubber or gel) the vibrations caused by the engine cannot be substantually reduced. That will then beat the crap out of your bearing resulting in one or multiple ones to spin thus destroying your engine.

Get a used BL crank pulley for a fluidumpr crank pulley. Do not get any kind of solid one or consider your motor done, son!

· Never fast enough
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys Im really thankful for this forum and all you peoples. I'll guess I'll just have to save my pennys. For a really long time. Lol but it's cheaper then a motor. I'll just keep my eyes open.

· EchoDeDupra
7,159 Posts
you could use it, but... think about this, the factory damper is much beter and it broke, if it was a solid damper you'll be looking at a more expensive repair now. I recomend you get the ATI (same as the TITAN) I believe that summit and jeggs have it a little cheaper. You could also get the fluidamper, about the same price as the ATI.

But.... if money is an issue at this time, you could look for an used factory damper. Again if you get a solid damper you may have worst issues with your motor down the road, and more expesive solutions.....

if it was me I leave the car parked until I get the money and get the ATI/ TITAN damper..
You copying my posts?! :D

· stop playin wit mah name
2022 Alpina XB7, 2022 F150
3,801 Posts
Thanks guys Im really thankful for this forum and all you peoples. I'll guess I'll just have to save my pennys. For a really long time. Lol but it's cheaper then a motor. I'll just keep my eyes open.
Just pick up a used OEM one in the F/S as a temp. band-aid while you save up for a quality piece. I mean, the stock pulley had 10+ years and God knows how many miles on it before it failed, right?.

· Never fast enough
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the car now has 166 k on her. I've had her now for 4 years and this is the biggest problem so far beside the fact that I'm replaceing the clutch soon here but that's factory too so I guess that's not bad at all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.