Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JZA80
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be tackling this project in the next few weeks as my 98' Supra didn't come with the factory alarm system unfortunately. Has anyone here ever done this? Anything I should watch out for?

Here's everything I have so far:

Just ordered up a remote key fob to program. Anything else I might be missing?

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
I don't have the alarm or keyless entry. Honest question - does that system include the alarm in the keyless entry system?
I thought about installing an alarm, but I think I would go with a current system just because the tech would be 20 years newer. OEM might be nice to stay stock.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Ya would like to know if that is also an alarm or just key less entry? Looks like it just plugs in. That would be sweet. My car has an alpine in it currently but it's from the 90s and the range sucks! I have to be standing right next to my car. I'd like to replace it.

·
Banned
700 Posts
It is just a inline harness will also give you keyless entry basically plug and play ........ the harness goes in area under pass air bag against side of car ecu body suppose to go under the center console beside or behind the e brake

·
Registered
334 Posts
2JZPWRD > Hey man...maybe you can point me in the right direction (can't seem to find it). I have a 93.5 and want to install the alarm/key-less entry as well. My car didn't come with any of that...just the theft deterrent. Do you have the part numbers of what I need?

·
Banned
700 Posts
I have a 94 and have the factory keyless entry if that is what you mean and am willing to sell although i do need to locate my old keys with fob on it i changed to push button so it has been awhile since i used it but i did just what you are wanting to do and installed the toyota unit in my car that did not come with it.

as far as instructions ill look but honestly you probably do not need them if you have the harness and no where it goes it is all plug and play about most time intensive thing that you probably do not have to do it run a wire each direction out from dash spreading out toward each side to give antenna in each direction but that is up to you truly i went overboard and my fob worked from way farther than necessary. if doing again i would do it quicker and easier

·
Registered
334 Posts
Anthony.A > My car didn't come with this option. Do you have everything I need to install, including harness? How much?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts