Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
29,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about options for replacing my stock front bumper with WW lip. I have always liked the Stillen nose, but HATE, HATE, HATE the goofy opening in front. It is shaped like a giant smiley face. :mad:

Has anyone trimmed the Stillen opening to be more rectangular? I think it would look 10 times better if it had a better opening for the FMIC.

Anyone?

· ELITECUSTOMBODY
7,365 Posts
it's very difficult to work on theese bumpers ,the only mods I've done to Stillen bumper is shaving the side markers and the "stillen" logo on both sides, fiberglass bumper is the best for modifying, because it will cost hundreds of $$ on Duramix or something simmilar ,(for thouse who want to know what Duramix is)Duramix is a flexible urethane two part adhesive/filler ,that's once cured looks just like the bumper material, there are dozens of different applications of Duramix, but they all are about $30+ per cartridge

· Premium Member
29,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I really like the WW lip, and my emblem holes are filled in too. Looks good, but I am not sure if I like the WW lip with side skirts or not.

I'd buy the Whifbitz nose in a heartbeat if it was urethane. :sad:

· Registered
1,754 Posts
If you see my old pics you'll notice My stillen front end never sagged because I made a very simple Brace for it. Coming from the bottom bolt of the intercooler (2 z looking brackets holding another piece of striaght bar running across.... I also pulled in the sides of the front end to make it a tighter fit.... :bigthumb: There is NO Way I would have gone around with that thing Sagging like that... :ugh2:

edit: found some pic's for you..

· Premium Member
29,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

I guess when I said I wanted to get rid of the "smile" the Stillen has, I meant actually trimming the material in the opening to make it more rectangular. Take a look at this shot again, then look at my modified pic below...

· Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Looks good! (Dan check your PM's).

· I Solve Problems
7,261 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Thanks guys.

I guess when I said I wanted to get rid of the "smile" the Stillen has, I meant actually trimming the material in the opening to make it more rectangular. Take a look at this shot again, then look at my modified pic below...

What kind of wheels did you have on in that picture?

· You Can [Not] Advance
6,941 Posts
StSupDog said:
If you see my old pics you'll notice My stillen front end never sagged because I made a very simple Brace for it. Coming from the bottom bolt of the intercooler (2 z looking brackets holding another piece of striaght bar running across.... I also pulled in the sides of the front end to make it a tighter fit.... :bigthumb: There is NO Way I would have gone around with that thing Sagging like that... :ugh2:

edit: found some pic's for you..

God it looks so good.......but sadly mine is sagging so i'm in the process of saving up to go back too the stock bumper with the "HKS" lip.

· Registered
1,754 Posts
lis2k said:
What kind of wheels did you have on in that picture?
They were "Speedlines Aliseo 3pc"

FYRARMS - If all you want to do is trim the inner wall then that is simple... You can easily cut that bumper's material with a blade... Just make sure you cut it slow and steady....

· I Solve Problems
7,261 Posts
StSupDog said:
They were "Speedlines Aliseo 3pc"

FYRARMS - If all you want to do is trim the inner wall then that is simple... You can easily cut that bumper's material with a blade... Just make sure you cut it slow and steady....
They look real nice, I'm guessing you sold them a while ago right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.