Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a bit of fading on the black leather wrap on the stock steering wheel. have any of you ever changed this ? can you buy a new wrap or do you just get a leather shop to re-sew a custom wrap or re-dye the leather? opinions? thanks!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I did this on my MKIII and it was OK. I did it myself and after using that big ass needle to sew the leather on I couldnt feel my fingers for a couple days. I do not think I would try it on my MKIV though. My old car I just plain wore out the leather in several spots. I had over 250,000 miles on it as well.:D
Jeff

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
463SUPRA........
i am from DALTON, GA!
do you know CLAY KISSNER w/ the Vette that is built with the bad ass suspension (used to have a Black BPU 1994 SUPRA TT AUTO?) i used to go to Lee hwy occasionally before i moved up here.
i will have my 2nd supra this coming week and i'll be in dalton...we should go to Barrett pakwy w/ my friends in ATL w/ supras.

A

·
0 Posts
I've looked into this matter myself and the steering wheel is one of the last items I need to get my interior back to near original. I've looked into dyeing it and it seemed like a lot of work not to mention I've never dyed anything. It would seem that I might put to much on and have black palms!!! I've looked up the price at jay marks with Jeff Watson and it was like 649 bucks,,it comes with the cruise control arm attached to it. Probably why it is so much. Try to find somebody who works at toyota,,,Like i do it will be 524 for me. But I still haven't bought it yet. Shit is expensive. Alex 93tt-6spd hardtopper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts