Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone rented the Mason Dixon Dragway in Hagerstown? I am told its 500 bucks for the day. Do they have tech onsite for rental days or not? I know I didnt have to tech in at MIR, so I cant imagine Mason Dixon would? Anyone know? Thinking about getting a rental together in the next couple of months. I'm sure I could pull 10 local guys together pretty easy for 50 bucks a pop.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Jason Rush said:
Has anyone rented the Mason Dixon Dragway in Hagerstown? I am told its 500 bucks for the day. Do they have tech onsite for rental days or not? I know I didnt have to tech in at MIR, so I cant imagine Mason Dixon would? Anyone know? Thinking about getting a rental together in the next couple of months. I'm sure I could pull 10 local guys together pretty easy for 50 bucks a pop.
Jason,
John Statts is looking into this. He thinks they don't tech
down to a 10.00 pass. There is a Mustang club that rents
it out fairly often that he is checking with. M-D is a much
easier drive from here tham MIR for sure.
Wayne

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Guys,

Russ raced his mustang there with a Northern Mustang group and they did not have to tech in. They race from 9-12 I think the first of the month. I will ask around and they might let you join their club because there was a viper there, corvette and other non-mustang cars.

Staats

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Jstaats said:
Guys,

Russ raced his mustang there with a Northern Mustang group and they did not have to tech in. They race from 9-12 I think the first of the month. I will ask around and they might let you join their club because there was a viper there, corvette and other non-mustang cars.

Staats

Thanks John. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Wayne,

I talked to Russ late last night and the group is the Northern Virginia Mustang Assoicaition. You might want to call them and talk to them about joining their club or call Mason Dixon about renting out the track. They usually get it on a Sat morning from 8-12 before they open up for an actual event. When I was there with Russ I saw about 30 cars but the lanes were wide open. Hope this helps.

Staats

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Jstaats said:
Wayne,

I talked to Russ late last night and the group is the Northern Virginia Mustang Assoicaition. You might want to call them and talk to them about joining their club or call Mason Dixon about renting out the track. They usually get it on a Sat morning from 8-12 before they open up for an actual event. When I was there with Russ I saw about 30 cars but the lanes were wide open. Hope this helps.

Staats
:bigok:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
boostedspra said:
I'm all in if you wanna rent mason dixon!!!!
Here is the info the track gave me:

"A single car track rental for testing is $650 for a 4 hour period
Each additional Hour is $125
Groups of 2 - 10 cars is $650 minimum for the 1 st car and $50 per car
from 2 - 10
for a 4 hour session
then the next 11-30 cars drops to $45 per car
then the next 31 -50 cars drops to $40 per car
then the next 51-100 cars drops to $35 per car,

This includes, preparation of the track, full timing system,
employees needed to run the track, emergency personel ,
tech
This does not include the concession stand as that is
a separate business run by Cathy, I will however contact
her and she probable will make that available for 50 people or more.

This rental quote will be good for 30 days,

Once a date is selected, and reserved, a 50% deposit is required

If eliminations are run a cost increase of $755 for full coverage
insurance is required."

Wayne

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm, I dont know if I like the sound of that, unless I am mis-understanding. So for one car its $650 and for 10 cars its $1100 for 4 hours? I was at MIR for 8 hours and im told that the total was $800. Something doesnt sound right. Another thought, why charge for more cars. It should be a flat rate. It doesnt cost them any more for 50 cars than it does for 10. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Jason Rush said:
Hmmm, I dont know if I like the sound of that, unless I am mis-understanding. So for one car its $650 and for 10 cars its $1100 for 4 hours? I was at MIR for 8 hours and im told that the total was $800. Something doesnt sound right. Another thought, why charge for more cars. It should be a flat rate. It doesnt cost them any more for 50 cars than it does for 10. :dunno:
Hey Jason,
Yeah they are higher than MIR. MIR is $800 for up to 8 cars and
$1200 for 9-16 cars. Are you up for a MIR rental. I wanted to do
a rental there the week of August 6th(I'm on vacation) but there
did not seem to be 8 people interested. It would get pricey if less
than 8 people attend. I will bring that thread back from the dead
and see if there is interest.
Thanks
Wayne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts