Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://socalsupras.com/tuning/articles/fprmod.htm

The first one looks pretty straight forward and simple, it just fools the wastegate into opening later than normal increasing the boost. Are there any downsides to this at all or has anyone tried this at all?

The second one I have no real interest in, but if anyone has tried it I would be interested in seeing how well it worked and what kind of gains were achieved.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
1. hooking the WG act to an engine vac line is retarded- the WG act was NEVER made to see vacuum. its only a matter of time before you rip it open....put a check valve in there and it should work better.

2. the FP thing is stupid. get an AFPR or a SAFC, etc....do it right.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured that the fp up mod was stupid, but I didn't know about the free boost thing. My guess is that instead of trying to find a check valve that will work and then hoping it does, it would be better to just go with a manual boost controller. Are there any recomendations, around here Turbo XS and HKS are the two favorites, any recomendations or brands to stay away from?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
drjonez said:
1. hooking the WG act to an engine vac line is retarded- the WG act was NEVER made to see vacuum. its only a matter of time before you rip it open....put a check valve in there and it should work better.

I've heard this a couple times, but I suspect the stock routing does provide vacume at cruising loads -- just like the throttle-body vacume port does for the EGR. It doesn't see vacume at idle, nor at WOT, but the rest of the time I suspect the passing air acts like the venturi experiment...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts