Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a few extra small fans from the cooling system and I'm considering running them on my IC. Has anyone tried this? Should be easy to make a bracket and mabyee a shroud. Whats the general consensus on this idea for a mod.

~scott

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i dont think that would work to good. maybe if you made some kind of shroud around the intercooler to direct air to it instead. maybe hook up a hose to your windshield wipers and put a mister on the end of it so it will spray on the intercooler. my brother did that and it god pretty cold on his talon.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,143 Posts
I'd weigh the pros vs. cons.

Pro: Circulates air through the IC when sitting. ect. (parked)
Con: Possible air restriction through the fans, then to the radiator.
Con: Heat from the electric fan motor may offset any possible gains.

IMO, I'd go with a alcohol/water IC sprayer, or a co2 sprayer.

Whatever you do, let us know if it worked out well. :)

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
If only my headlight sprayers still worked.. I removed them from the front of the lights and relocated the line to my IC, but the damn thing doesn't work.. what a waste of time!

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Spoolme said:
i dont think that would work to good. maybe if you made some kind of shroud around the intercooler to direct air to it instead. maybe hook up a hose to your windshield wipers and put a mister on the end of it so it will spray on the intercooler. my brother did that and it god pretty cold on his talon.
:lol: thats what i did. one of the sprayers broke and fell off so i mounted the other one spraying on the IC haha. i hope it helps out a little :)

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
you gotta figure out how much air goes through the IC at high speed. If its more than the fans can push you might actually be hurting performance.

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Wow jblmk3 always has the crazy idea's :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts