Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Turbonetics 62-1 that I bought for my MKIII a few months ago and put it on the back burner since I bought my MKIV. Now I'm wondering if I could just use that on my 95 after I iron out all the kinks and get it smogged. I was planning on keeping the twins for a while just to see how I enjoyed them but knowing me....I will want to go bigger and faster sooner or later. So I was wondering if the 62-1 would be a viable way to go when I finally do divorce the twins. I am not looking to kill myself with shitloads of horsepower, but a little more boost couldn't hurt. Opinions????

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I have no personal experience with it, but here's some info with that turbo on other Supras as shown at http://moreboost.org/turbo_detail.htm#T62-1 you could expect well over 600whp at 26psi, and not being on the large side of turbo sizing it should spool relatively quickly; not sure what to make of the "problem notes" relating to surge but there it is.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I have a T61 charger which should be pretty equal regarding sizing with an exhaust A/R of 0.81.
I see full boost around 4k rpm (earlier in higher gears) with a nice driveability.

The characteristic of your particular turbo could differ depending on your A/Rs.

Hope that helps.
Gerd

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
I've got a T62-1 on my car and it makes it a great daily driver. I'm making over 500rwhp @17-18psi on pump gas. This is with a .96A/R exhasut side,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts