Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to see if anyone will be there.. I'll be working in the Sony booth, Darin will be running his supra, and of course the Titan guys will running their cars.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
I wish I would have known sooner that all of you were coming up.....I wont be able to make it though, have fun and good luck Darin and Titan!

Jason

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
Nah the sport is pretty much dead to far to drive to see 2-3 cars per class run. I used to go to all thr east coast nhra/nopi events. AT this point Its pretty much a waste of my time. I don't even go to the stuff at MIR anymore and its only like 30 minutes from my house.

Regards,

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
^^ That's the spirit!

Al
He'd be all over it if Jess was fat and nasty:) That's when he gets all warm and fuzzy inside. You should see his taste in women. Hahh!:angel:

"tootles" BBS

·
Registered
780 Posts
^^ That's the spirit!

Al
It's sad but true. The event for sport rwd which is what most people would be able to enter had a whopping 4 cars for the class. What was it at moroso, 5 cars?

Anyone know why Darin got DQ'd in tech after winning the event?

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
It's sad but true. The event for sport rwd which is what most people would be able to enter had a whopping 4 cars for the class. What was it at moroso, 5 cars?

Anyone know why Darin got DQ'd in tech after winning the event?
yup a royal waste of time.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
He'd be all over it if Jess was fat and nasty:) That's when he gets all warm and fuzzy inside. You should see his taste in women. Hahh!:angel:

"tootles" BBS
I wish the search worked right about now, your birthday public blow job thread and filthy house pics were priceless.

Good luck,

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Darin got protested by another team and I guess his driveshaft loop wasn't legal. NHRA isn't sure about it either though because its the factory 2 piece driveshaft and it technically has a driveshaft loop built into the stock one. Sucks that in a field of only four racer someone had to bitch about that, it only kills the sport more.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nah the sport is pretty much dead to far to drive to see 2-3 cars per class run. I used to go to all thr east coast nhra/nopi events. AT this point Its pretty much a waste of my time. I don't even go to the stuff at MIR anymore and its only like 30 minutes from my house.

Regards,
Have you ever gone to see the President's Cup at MIR?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Darin got protested by another team and I guess his driveshaft loop wasn't legal. NHRA isn't sure about it either though because its the factory 2 piece driveshaft and it technically has a driveshaft loop built into the stock one. Sucks that in a field of only four racer someone had to bitch about that, it only kills the sport more.
DSM people have that problem with having a 3pc driveshaft. However the rule is written that there must be a driveshaft loop a MAX of 6"s from the front ball joint. The main purpose of this is if the driveshaft breaks at the trans ball joint(most common area it seems for breakage) that the driveshaft will be supported enough to not hit the ground and cause damage to the track and keep damage to the car at a minimal.

Does suck though. When it comes to any sanctioned racing it doesn't hurt to be "over safetyfied".

2:4 DRIVELINE
In place of a crossmember, in the vicinity of the front universal
joint, all RWD cars running 13.99 or quicker with slicks and 11.49
or quicker with street tires must have a retainer loop 360 degrees
of enclosure, 1/4-inch minimum thickness and 2 inches wide, or
7/8-inch x .065-inch welded steel tubing, securely mounted and
located within 6 inches of the front universal joint for support of the
driveshaft in event of U-joint failure. Open drivelines passing any
part of the driver’s body must be completely enclosed in 1/8-inchminimum-
thickness steel plate, securely mounted to the frame or
frame structure.

·
HIGH OFF BOOST
788 Posts

That's [email protected]#k up sportsmanship for someone to cry for getting there a$$ handed to them

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
That's [email protected]#k up sportsmanship for someone to cry for getting there a$$ handed to them
3 weeks ago in Moroso, West Palm Beach Darin didin't have the safety equipment to run 9s and he was able to run a 9s pass in the elimination rounds with out getting kicked out because it was his "first warning" something that has gotten people kicked out before, in the same type of situation, but he was able to finish and win the event. Its called playing the rules. If the car was missing some of the stated safety equipment and somone else "played the rules" I dont think it makes them assholes, I mean its not just about a shinny trophys there is money involved at that point. on a competition.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Also points are involved for the overall season.

When you do everything to your car to make it nhra tech legal for what you run and the class and you see people who have not done the same I'm sure it can get on peoples nerves enough to end up saying something.

Got to pay to play and make sure you have done everything everyone else has to get to where you are.

Safety rules are there for a reason also, don't see why that's so hard for some people to understand that they need to bitch about them. Not pointing anyone out in this thread particularly.

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Darin just spent a shitload of money over the past 2 weeks getting all his saftety stuff done, bought a truck and trailer just to go out and race with the series only to have this happen..The tech guys are asking for photos of the driveshaft with the car on the lift because they honestly do not know if the rule would apply or not because the 2 driveshaft pieces are so short.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Darin just spent a shitload of money over the past 2 weeks getting all his saftety stuff done, bought a truck and trailer just to go out and race with the series only to have this happen..The tech guys are asking for photos of the driveshaft with the car on the lift because they honestly do not know if the rule would apply or not because the 2 driveshaft pieces are so short.
sounds like mark whining again because darin handed him his ass again.

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts