Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well does anyone because im wondering how it looks. im thinking of getting it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
um, have you tried thier website?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
lenny, give us more than just "it's a pos" tell us why you think that...

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
lenny said:
dont get that bov...its a pos
lenny's right..it is POS..Turbo xs rfl bov's are loud on 4 bangers ..
my brother's supra has over 400+hp and he had it on his car and it sounded like shit..it couldn't even hold the power..he sold that and bought a HKS SSBOV..
if you want loud and i mean LOUD HKS SSBOV is loudest by far..

G

·
Here you go. It worked well on this car.

Beware of used ones, because the ones that were sold last year had a problem of sticking. The new versions work great.

MA70 RFL

I would still prefer SSQV, but for those on a budget the RFL is a good deal.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
935motorsports said:
Here you go. It worked well on this car.

Beware of used ones, because the ones that were sold last year had a problem of sticking. The new versions work great.

MA70 RFL

I would still prefer SSQV, but for those on a budget the RFL is a good deal.
Heh. On a budget ... for 165$?

Budget is why many have found good use of Bosch Saab/Porsche BOVs. My Bosch sounds good enough for me right now and is 100% efficient.

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
heres some pics of the pos bov.

to bad i got a auto, cant really use the bov much. :rolleyes: final cost 168 bucks. im happy:)

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
No dude, get the Blitz, that way everyone in norcal will have different bov's.

·
MKIII Bodykit Connoisseur
920 Posts
i love mine... i can make people litterally jump into the ditch past the sidewalk when i let off as i go buy :).. but... i think loudness is one of the only things it's got going for it... the blitz and hks are higher quality and function better, but aren't as loud... which they dont need to be... so...... yeah...

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,129 Posts
I've noticed the dramatic change in sound from my HKS SSQV with the increase of boost. I went from stock 6.5 psi, to 12psi, and the sound is much more percussive and sudden.

The SSQV is much better quality, and the HKS name is more impressive.

I wouldn't recommend the kit with the HKS SSQV on the IC pipe.. the pipe is too small in diameter, and if you were ever planning on upgrading your IC, and getting larger pipes.. you would need to break it off, and purchase a flange. :( Oh well.... my bov rocks anyway.

I would trade some one for a Racing Type 2 valve any day though.
:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
MK3Brent said:
I've noticed the dramatic change in sound from my HKS SSQV with the increase of boost. I went from stock 6.5 psi, to 12psi, and the sound is much more percussive and sudden.

The SSQV is much better quality, and the HKS name is more impressive.

I wouldn't recommend the kit with the HKS SSQV on the IC pipe.. the pipe is too small in diameter, and if you were ever planning on upgrading your IC, and getting larger pipes.. you would need to break it off, and purchase a flange. :( Oh well.... my bov rocks anyway.

I would trade some one for a Racing Type 2 valve any day though.
:D:D:D:D
Racing Type 2?!?! You don't even have enough power to open that sucker! :D

I have had just about every BOV out there and I would have to say my personal favorite is my current HKS Racing Bypass Valve. Oddly enough, it mates to the Greddy flange and has a wonderful sound to it. It's meant for higher boost and also has replacement springs similar to a wastegate so you can run higher boost later on. It has a WICKED sound to it too. I went through the Greddy, the HKS SSQ, Blitz, Greddy again, and now the HKS and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts